We know, keeping track on all the details you need to consider a day before the race might seem like a hard thing to do, but believe us when we say, it will be harder for you to complete the race without the essentials. That is why; we’ve managed to create a simple, yet effective and detailed list of products every triathlete should invest in before hitting the road and water.
It doesn’t matter whether you call it a race day checklist or just a-day-before-the-race list as long as it has the ability to make your logistics be much less painful and chaotic.
Note: Before you have a look at the essentials below, keep in mind that first, you need to set some realistic goals for each part of the competition. Setting goals means you are more prepared in giving your best alongside the items we’ve chosen that are supposed to help you achieve these specific goals which should always fit the type, location and longevity of the Triathlon your’re taking part in.
Cycling items to bring with you
It’s simple, if you don’t bring the essentials with you, neither your talent, nor your dedication can make you win the race. So, for the riding part, don’t forget to bring:
– The bike (of course, it’s obvious right? don’t forget it, we mean it)
– A good, approved helmet
– Sunglasses if you want to see what’s in front of you
– Cycling shoes (and socks)
– A large water bottle
– Food (bananas, protein bars etc.)
– Important tool kit: tube, levers, CO2 and a floor pump to leave in your car or with a friend in any case.
– A pair of tri swimsuit or tri suit
– A towel (try to get one in a bright color)
– A few sets of goggles
And last but not least, the run part
Make sure to bring:
– A good pair of running shoes
– A visor or hat
– A race belt
Other important devices to accompany you before and during the race include:
– Sunscreen, in case you still want to be recognized after the race is over
– A good Vaseline and powder to deal with your skin irritations
– Training devices such as a heart rape strap or a fitness tracker
– A post-race snack that contains at least ¾ of carbs and ¼ of proteins (you can also get a healthy drink)
– A pair of warm and clean clothes to wear immediately after the race in order to avoid getting sick due to an exposed, fragile immune system.
Note: Please, keep in mind these are only the essential things to pack before hitting the race. Feel free to adjust the list according to your specific needs and expectations without leaving behind the items you really need and add a few that suit your more specific needs.