2nd Annual Gold Ribbon Run
Join us for the 2nd Annual Gold Ribbon Run on Concordia University Wisconsin’s beautiful lakeside campus. The event consists of a 5K run/walk, followed by some amazing stories of the life and happiness that Jack Bartosz brought to this world.
Jack Bartosz spent most of his young life battling neuroblastoma, a highly aggressive and difficult to treat pediatric cancer. As is the case for most children with high-risk neuroblastoma, Jack’s disease relapsed numerous times between 2007 and 2011. After heroically battling cancer for almost 7 years, he found his ultimate cure in heaven on August 27, 2012.
The Gold Ribbon Run is an opportunity to back kids like Jack who are unfairly chosen to battle cancer. By supporting the I Back Jack Foundation, participants in the Gold Ribbon Run are backing research, inspiring hope, and helping to defeat childhood cancer. The proceeds raised from the 2nd Annual Gold Ribbon Run will directly support the I Back Jack Founationand the their commitment to funding two new clinical trial treatments at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin this summer.
Start & Finish at the Concordia Center for Environmental Stewardship (Northeast corner of the campus)
Concordia University Wisconsin
12800 N. Lake Shore Drive
Mequon, WI 53097
Directions from Green Bay
- Go South on I-43.
- Take Cedarburg Exit #89 (Pioneer Road, County Hwy. C). Turn right from the exit, then turn left at Port Washington Road (Cty W - stoplight with Mobile Gas station on northeast corner). Travel to Highland Road (2 miles). Turn left and go over I-43, Concordia University Wisconsin will be on the left.
Directions from Madison
- Go East on I-94 to I-43 (distance 72.2 miles). Go North on I-43 (distance 14.1 miles).
- Take Mequon Road Exit #85. Turn left from the exit, go under I-43 and then turn right at Port Washington Road. Head north for 2 miles and then turn right at Highland Road. Go over I-43 and Concordia University Wisconsin will be on your left
Directions from Germantown, Hartford and surrounding area
- Take Mequon Road east and turn left on Hwy 181 (Wauwatosa Road - also known as 76th St in Milwaukee). Continue to Highland Road (will be crossing Freistadt Road - stoplight).
- Turn right onto Highland Road and continue to Concordia University Wisconsin.
Directions from Chicago
- Head northbound on I-94 WEST (Portions toll) passing by Waukegan, IL to Wisconsin. (distance 23.3 miles) Go West on I-94 WEST towards Milwaukee, WI to I-43 North (Exit 310). (distance 37.7 miles) Go North on I-43 NORTH. (distance 14.1 miles).
- Take Mequon Road Exit #85. Turn left from the exit, go under I-43 and then turn right at Port Washington Road. Head north for 2 miles and then turn right at Highland Road. Go over I-43 and Concordia University Wisconsin will be on your left.
We are proud to support the I Back Jack Foundation and their mission of backing research, inspiring hope, and helping to defeat childhood cancer. The story of Jack's life has inspired us so much that we strive to make this an incredible and meaningful event for everyone attending. We hope you find yourself inspired after attending the 2nd Annual Gold Ribbon Run.
There is so much to be said about the I Back Jack Foundation and all of the good work they continue to do throughout Southeastern Wisconsin and across the United States.
Thank you for your interest in the 2nd Annual Gold Ribbon Run and the I Back Jack Foundation. Visit to learn more.
2012 Results at: focwc.org 2011 Results at TriFind.com: 5 Mile / 2 Mile - (.pdf files) 2010 Results at TriFind.com: 5 Mile / 2 Mile - (.pdf files)
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps