I have been racing triathlons as an age grouper since 1993, having started knowing nothing about the sport, and building my expertise along the way. I am a USAT Certified Level 1 coach, ASCA Level 2 Swim Coach, and I am Head Coach of the Ruidoso High Altitude Aquatics Swim Team. I am also a Yoga Fit Certified Yoga Instructor and RPM instructor at the RUidoso Athletic Club. In addition, I work for ENMU as lead faculty for their Health and Physical Education Department.
I have raced six Ironmans, in addition to hundreds of triathlons of all distances, and have qualified for numerous National and World Championship races along the way. In 2011, my first serious year back into the sport, I qualified for the Hawaii Ironman World Championships in Hawaii to be held in October, 2012.
- Age Group Champion- Southwest Challenge Series— 4 years
- 1st overall female --Feb 19, Presidents Day Duathlon, WSMR
- 1st overall female April 3, Las Cruces Triathlon,
- 2nd age. April 10, Memorial Hermann 70.3 (1/2 Ironman) (1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, 13.1 mile run),
- 1st overall female, May 15, B&S Olympic Triathlon, Lubbock, TX, (.9 mile swim, 26 mile bike, 6.2 mile run)
- 1st overall female, June 11, Ruidoso Sprint Triathlon
- 2nd age – by 26 seconds-- June 26, Buffalo Springs TX, BSLT 70.3 (1/2 IM),
- 2nd overall female, July 24, Dam It Man Spring, Elephant Butte, NM, (did this with a broken bone in my hand)
- 14th Age, Sept 11, 70.3 World Championships, Henderson, NV, Sept 25th
- 3rd overall female, Elephant Man Triathlon, Olympic Distance Tri.
- 1st Age Group, Ironman Cozumel (2.4 mile swim, 114 mile bike, 24.2 mile run) , Cozumel Mexico, November 27, 2011. Won by 52 minutes.
- Qualified for Hawaii Ironman Championships 2012.
- Ranked 8th Overall in Age Nationally (out of over 2000 women) by USAT, with All American Honors, 2011