Produced in conjunction with the "Dash 4 Cash" mountain bike race, this beautiful and scenic trail run is designed and maintained by the Buffalo Riders. This annual race is a charity event that benefits the South Buffalo Fire and Rescue Squad. This trail running event is NOT your ordinary foot race. These trails were designed and chosen because of their difficulty. Runners must carry whatever fluids or food they will need for the entire course. The course is very hilly and is mostly single track trails or quad trails. There are natural and man-made bridges, big timber, boulder fields, many stream crossings, and Buffalo creek. PLUS, lung-busting climbs, bombing downhills, and a tunnel! What more could you ask for?
- Name: Buffalo Stampede
- Date: June 1st, 2013
- Location: 207 Iron Bridge Rd., Freeport, PA
- Qualifying Race: Trail Runner Magazine, Points Series Race
- Check In/ Registration Opens: Saturday, June 1st, 2013 at 10:00AM
- Check In/ Registration Closes: Saturday, June 1st, 2013 at 11:30AM
- Pre-Race Safety Briefing: Saturday, June 1st, 2013 at 11:45AM
- Race Starts: Saturday, June 1st, 2013 at 12:00 PM, with staggered interval start
- Race Awards: Saturday, June 1st, 2013 at 2:00PM for the 5m
- 3:30PM for the 14.4m
- 4:30PM for the 19.4m
- Distance: 5 mile (beginner), 14.4 mile (advanced), 19.4 mile (expert)
- Disciplines: Trail running.
- Categories: Male/Female: 17 & younger; 18-28; 29-39; 40-50; 51 & older.
- Included: Race shirts, SWAG, a giant post-race celebration, and a HUGE raffle.
View Larger Map
- Water will be placed strategically throughout the course with volunteers. If you are running further than the 5 mile course we recommend you come with a bottle or water belt system. Pick up one today for 15% off at: www.shopadventuresports.com
POST-RACE BBQ 5:30PM:
A BBQ with great food, beverages, and live music starts at 5:00 PM following the race. This is how we throw a get together down on the farm! Family and friends are invited. There will be special childrens activities planned, and our ridiculous gear raffle is open to everyone! Bring a blanket and enjoy the fresh air and panoramic view.
Please note: We serve alcohol at this function. Alcoholic consumption is limited to those participants who are 21 and over. Additionally, we ask that families bring a covered dish to the BBQ or give a $10.00 donation for anyone enjoying the BBQ that is not a registered racer.