• This year's Mainiac Sprint Triathlon & Duathlon will be held at the scenic Gil Boucher Park in Biddeford Pool on Sunday, September 14th, 2014. • Registration is open! • This event is intended to encourage participation by people with a variety of fitness levels and competitive experiences.
Race Date: • September 14, 2014 • 10:00am Race Start • Gil Boucher Park in Biddeford Pool
Race Categories: • Individual Triathlon: Swim 1/4 mile, Bike 15.1 miles, Run 3.1 miles • Triathlon Relay: Consists of 2 or 3 people completing the following three segments as a team: Swim 1/4 mile, Bike 15.1 miles, Run 3.1 miles • Duathlon: Run out-and-back 2 miles, Bike 15.1 miles, Run 3.1 miles
Entry Fees: • SAVE $10!! Early Bird Registration Fees (before June 30th): • Individual Triathlete: $75* • Triathlon Relay Team: 2 person: $80; 3 person: $120 • Duathlon: $75*
Fees after July 1, 2014: • Individual Triathlete/Duathlete: $85 • 2 Person Triathlon Relay Team: $90 • 3 Person Triathlon Relay Team: $130
• Your entry fee includes your place at the start line, a great t-shirt, goody bag, water bottle, well-marked and supported course, post-race lunch & refreshments, and a family fun-filled day!
USAT Sanctioning: • The Mainiac Tri will be a USAT sanctioned race.
• Sprint Triathlon & Duathlon.
• Situated from the Bath House Beach at beautiful Biddeford Pool, the 7th Annual Mainiac Sprint Tri will begin with a 1/4 mile swim in the calm and smooth waters of Fletchers Neck. • Duathletes will complete a 2 mile out-and-back run on the hard packed beach sand.
• The 15.1 mile bike course moves along the Mile Stretch of Biddeford Pool, traveling along Route 9 from Biddeford Pool onto Oak Ridge Road then onto Guinea Rd and Whitten Hill Rd and into the Goose Rocks section of Kennebunkport on Oak Ridge Rd and Goose Rocks Rd , returning along Route 9 and Fortunes Rocks Beach. Surely, one of the flattest bike routes in all of Maine's triathlon events.
• Following the fast bike route, the 3.1 mile run will take you past Biddeford Pool, Wood Island Light and around the headland of Fletchers Neck as you return to the Bath House Beach transition/finish area.
• After the race, enjoy our post-race beach party!