Frequently Asked Questions
What is the distance?
This is a 5k race, just over 3 miles.
What time does the race start?
The race begins at 8:00AM. All race participants must be at check-in by 7:00AM.
* Teams: please check in together at the same time. Do not check in if your group is incomplete.
When and where do I pick up my bib number?
You may pick your race packet up Saturday, September 7th between 5:00PM - 8:00PM at the shelter to the left of the Frog Pond Pool; and Sunday, September 8th starting at 7:00AM in the same shelter.
* No race day registration.
Where do I park my vehicle?
You will park at the Mid County Park parking lot or in overflow parking to the left of the parking lot. Our traffic marshals will direct you to a parking space upon arrival.
How technical is the course?
This course is designed to test how well you move your body. In addition to the obstacles, you will be running on a narrow, uneven, and winding path to challenge your endurance, strength, balance, core, and flexibility.
How will I know where to run?
The trail will be well-marked with paint and flags, and guides will direct you at all intersections.
Are there prizes?
Prizes will be awarded to individuals, teams, BEST COSTUME, and more!
How will we be timed?
How will you deal with injuries?
Medical personnel, located at 4 stations along the trail, will provide all necessary assistance to injured persons.
Safety tips for all Superheros:
- Be aware of your surroundings (especially roots, rocks, dirt, leaves, and holes).
- If people are running behind you, let them know of any potential dangers ahead.
- Running too close to someone who trips and falls may cause you to also trip and fall.
- If you are passing someone, be verbal! "On your left" and only pass when it is safe for you and the other racer.
- If someone is injured, alert a trail marshal immediately and they will contact the medical staff.
Yes, we have plenty! The most important advice we can give you for this race, however, is "have fun!"
- Make sure you are hydrated, adequately fueled, and warmed up before the race.
- If you are competing with a team, make t-shirts, get together for a chant or a huddle to get pumped up!
- Dress up as a Superhero!
- Read the safety tips.