Be a part of the ultimate athletic experience by competing in the Schaumburg Park District's annual Splash, Pedal, Dash Triathlon and Dash, Pedal, Dash Duathlon.
Both races will begin at 6:30 a.m., July 7 at Meineke Recreation Center, 220 E. Weathersfield Way. Check-in, body marking, and chip assignment and pick-up will begin at 5:15 a.m. There will be a pre-race briefing playing continuously on a television in the Meineke gym and parkfun.com.
The triathlon consists of a 400-meter swim, 12.8-mile bike ride and 5K run while the duathlon consists of a 12.8-mile bike ride sandwiched between two 5K runs. Both races are chip-timed with one transition area and end at Meineke Recreation Center.
Multiple age divisions for ages 15 and older are available with the option of competing as an individual or as part of a team. Team entries are accepted for the triathlon only.
Registration is now available. All participants are required to complete an official race registration form. Forms are available at Park District facilities, online at parkfun.com, or call (847) 490-7015 to receive one by mail. Race forms must be turned in at the Community Recreation Center, 505 N. Springinsguth Road. Online registration is also available at active.com.
The deadline to register is 5 p.m., June 29. Cost is $50 for individuals and $144 for teams for registration forms received before 5 p.m., June 21. Cost is $55 for individuals and $150 for teams for registration forms received after 5 p.m., June 21. No registration forms will be accepted after the registration deadline of 5 p.m., June 29. There is no race-day registration.
T-shirts will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis to the first 425 athletes registered for the triathlon and the first 150 athletes for the duathlon. Schaumburg Park District cannot guarantee T-shirt sizes.
The event is sponsored by Alexian Brothers Health System, Village Cycle Sport and Dick Pond Athletics.
For more information, call (847) 490-7015 or visit www.parkfun.com.
Awards & Results
Awards to overall male and female in both races. Awards to top three finishers in each individual category (men & women). Award to top team finishers in each category. Awards may be picked up after age groups are finalized. There will be no awards ceremony.
Results are available within 1/2 hour of the last person crossing the finish line. Results will be posted here: http://www.parkfun.com/programs/special-events/triathlon-duathlon
Previous Triathlon Winners
- 2012: Dean Hewson (1:01:49) and Judie Refvik (1:12:57)
- 2011: Dean Hewson (1:03:54) and Juli Misch (1:16:22)
- 2010: Dean Hewson (1:02:49) and Juli Misch (1:14:49)
- 2009: Kendall Jackson (1:01.21) and Stacey Conrad (1:08.19)
- 2008: Kendall Jackson (1:02:33.5) and Karen Grabowski (1:11:42.95)
- 2007: Ryan Giuliano (1:10:23.7) and Karen Grabowski (1:10:23.7)
- 2006: Eric Christ (1:01:36.8) and Jennifer Cardelli (1:10:14.1)
- 2005: Ryan Giuliano (1:01:42) and Karen Grabowski (1:10:37)
- 2004: Ryan Giuliano (1:04.56.0) and Juliana Boshold (1:12:30.5)
- 2003: Ed Allen (1:03:26.2) and Juliana Boshold (1:13:38.4)
- 2002: Ed Allen (1:05.21) and Bonnie Brandstadt (1:16:13)
- 2001: Steve Chapin (1:00:55) and Jori Leszczynski (1:07:33)
Previous Duathlon Winners
- 2012: Scott Schultes (1:07:06) and Aneta Ziemianska (1:13:47)
- 2011: Scott Schultes (1:17:24) and Cari Setzler (1:28:48)
- 2010: Maclej Kurka (1:17:28) and Lori Magnoni (1:36:38)
- 2009: Jim Kuch (1:14.47) and Jennifer Hagerman (1:29.51)
- 2008: Jim Kuch (1:13:35.45) and Kirsten Hock (1:23:47.15)
- 2007: Jim Kuch (1:14:56.1) and Tanya Eggert (1:35:45.5)
- 2006: Jim Kuch (1:15:01.1) and Nancy Fudacz-Burrows (1:26:27.6)
- 2005: Robert Glashow (1:16:46.8) and Heidi Schmidt (1:27:59.4)
- 2004: Jeremy Dubow (1:15:40.2) and Heidi Schmidt (1:26:09.6)
- 2003: Thomas Estka (1:15:37.0) and Heidi Schmidt (1:25:16.3)
- 2002: Zajic Ales (1:12:28) and Heidi Schmidt (1:23:13)
- 2001: Hil Wojtek (1:15:39) and Heidi Schmidt (1:24:51)
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps