2013 One More Tri; A Triathlon to Benfit Special Olympics NJ Hosted by Eneractive Solutions :
- Eneractive Solutions LLC, an energy consulting firm, believes that it is our corporate responsibility to give back to our communities. We are happy to announce that Eneractive will be hosting the 2nd Annual One More Tri, a Triathlon to benefit Special Olympics New Jersey (SONJ).
- Through gracious efforts of employees, friends, family, racers, and local businesses, last year’s triathlon enrolled over 270 athletes and 65 volunteers while raising over $37,000 for Special Olympics NJ… something quite extraordinary for a first-time event!
- The Eneractive team – alongside our friends at SONJ and Jersey Shore Multisport, not only developed a seamless event from scratch but created an unforgettable and profound experience for all involved.
- At this event, Special Olympics athletes and typical athletes have the opportunity to compete together in this event. Duathlon, Aquavelo, and Relay Team options are also available.
- This September 15th race will begin and end in Asbury Park and travel thru Loch Arbour, Deal, Allenhurst, and Long Branch.
- Special Olympics New Jersey provides year round sports training in 24 sports and over 200 athletic competitions to more than 22,000 children and adults with intellectual disabilities – all free of charge. Therefore, community and corporate support is so important to ensure the continued growth and success of the program across the state.
- The success of Special Olympics New Jersey depends greatly on the assistance received from family, friends, and businesses such as yours.
- I hope you will consider supporting this year’s event that will benefit a great cause – Special Olympics New Jersey.
On the beach just north of the casino building. See link Transition Area Map
EVENT ROUTE DETAIL:
SWIM-The swim will be a one-direction swim in the ocean. A wetsuit is always recommended for the swim for comfort and safety. The race WILL be wetsuit legal. The water temperature will be somewhere between 67-74 degrees on race day. There will be a large number of lifeguards from Asbury Park in the water to keep you safe. If you have any trouble, wave to a lifeguard and they will come directly to you. You can hang onto a surfboard or kayak, catch your breath and get back to the swim. You will not be penalized! One thing you need to remember is that September is the peak of hurricane season so if the water is too rough be prepared to run-bike-run instead. If we need to cancel the swim we will start with a one mile run. See link Swim Route.
BIKE- The bike course is going to be a 12-mile, 2-loop course heading north through Allenhurst and Deal. There will be a 180 degree turn at Roosevelt Ave in Deal and will head back toward Asbury Park. There are a few spots where you will need to use extra caution on the bike. When you leave transition and when you pass transition there is a sharp turn where you may be overtaking other cyclists or there may be cyclists passing you on your left. Additionally, when you get to the end of Ocean Ave. you will make a sharp left and then a sharp right 100-meters later and the road surface is a bit rough in that section, so be careful not to hit a hole and be careful about swerving into other cyclists who are behind you or overtaking you. PLEASE stay out of the aerobars around the turns for your safety as well as others!On the bike course the rule of the road is STAY RIGHT and PASS LEFT. There is also a 3-bike length rule meaning that you cannot ride within 20-feet of the cyclist ahead of you. This is for your safety and is a punishable offense! See link Bike Route.
RUN-The run course will be on the historic Asbury Park Boardwalk.
DUATHLON-The first run will be entirely on the Asbury Park boardwalk. You will start with a fast one mile run and funnel into the transition area about the same time as the triathletes who are exiting the water. From there you will head out onto the bike course and go head-to-head with both the duathletes and the triathletes for the remainder of the race.
AQUAVELO(AquaBike)-You will start with the swimmers and proceed onto the bike course where you will finish once you enter the transition area.
In front of Stella Marina(800 Ocean Avenue,Asbury Park, NJ 07712)on the boardwalk and just north of the casino building.
2013 Results at: raceforum.com
• • •
2012 Results at jsmultisport.com
2012 Triathlon Results: Overall / Age Group / Relay
2012 Duathlon Results: Overall / Relay
2012 AquaVelo Results: Overall
• • •
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps