Colin's Hope Got2Swim Lake Austin 4 mile (solo or 2 person relay)
Monday, July 1
The Colin's Hope Got2Swim Lake Austin 4 miler is the second event in the Colin's Hope Got2Swim open water swim series. It will be held on Monday, July 1 in Lake Austin. The swim will start under the 360 bridge (Pennybacker bridge) at 9:00AM and will finish at the Walsh Boat Landing.
All proceeds of this event will go directly to Colin's Hope to support their mission of water safety and drowning prevention. This will be a USMS sanctioned event. You must have an annual USMS membership to participate or you must purchase a 1-day membership online. Open Water certified Lifeguards and safety personnel from The Expedition School and Lake Police will be present as well as kayak Water Guardians. We will adhere to the highest water safety standards. Event registration will be open soon at www.colinshope.org Please email email@example.com with any questions.
- Registration is only $30 and includes a swim cap and a t shirt.
- There is a minimum fundraising requirement of $00 for solo swimmers and $800 for 2 person relay teams. Participants will get an online personal pledge page and a fundraising coach to help them meet this requirement. *If a participant fails to meet the required fundraising requirement by 30 days post event, they will be required to personally meet the requirement or will be unable to participate in a future Colin’s Hope event until this requirement is met.
- Each swimmer is required to have a kayak water guardian and relay teams must serve as the kayak water guardian for each other when it is not their turn to swim.
- The kayak water guardians are REQUIRED to wear a U.S Coast Guard approved life jacket at all times when in the boat.
- Swimmer/Water Guardians/Relay Teams must attend at least one of the Colin’s Hope group training swims together prior to the event. A calendar of these swims will be available after April 1.
- There is a MANDATORY pre-event safety briefing on Sunday, June 30. (Time/Location TBD).
- It is strongly recommended that all swimmers purchase a Colin’s Hope Safer Swimmer buoy/training device. This adds to visibility and safety when training in open water where there is boat traffic.
- It is strongly recommended that all swimmers and kayakers attend a Basic Water Rescue and CPR class at The Expedition School. A calendar of these trainings will be available after April 1.
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps