The Brave Soldier Challenge consists of two separate stages, one combining strength and endurance and a second combining strength, endurance and agility. Both are made up of several challenges that will test the competitors speed, strength endurance, and agility.
Both stages are professionally timed using the ChampionChip Timing System. Competitors will be provided a timing chip to wear on their ankle. You will begin each stage by crossing a set of timed mats that record the exact moment you begin your stage. There is another set of timing mats at the end of each stage that will record the exact moment you finish.
Competitors must complete each challenge in the stage. If you are unable to complete a challenge after three attempts, you will be assessed a timing penalty and move on to the next challenge.
Below is a brief description of the two stages. We reserve the right to make changes to this at any point.
- Tire Flip Competitors will flip over a tractor tire eight times, four times up and four times back. Penalties will vary based upon the number of times you flip the tire. 2 Minutes for each flip you miss.
- Stationary Row 1000 Meters Competitors will row 1500 meters on stationary row machines at a preset resistance..
- Lateral Cinder block carry Competitors will carry two cement blocks over a 100 yards distance in a lateral motion.
- Weight Plate Carry Competitors will carry weight plates over across a distance of 100 yards.
- Sand Bag Lift Competitors will lift 10 sandbags over an 6 FT wall, over and back.
- Sand Bag Carry Competitors will carry two sand bags over a 100 yards.
- Run 1 Mile Competitors will run one mile on an out and back course.
- Stationary Bike 2 Mile Competitors will ride one mile on a stationary bike at a preset resistance.
- Wall Climb Competitors will scale an 6 FT wall
- Rope Climb Competitors will climb a 12 FT high rope twice
- Suicide Sprints Do we really need to explain this one?
- Box Jump Competitors will box jump a total of 10 boxes. Each box will be one of three heights: 12, 18, or 24. Two feet must hit the box simultaneously to complete each box.
- Crawl Competitors will crawl a total of 30 FT under 2 FT high beams
- Over/Under Competitors will alternate going over and under obstacles
- Over Competitors will jump over 4FT high walls spanning 30FT
- Balance Beam Competitors will cross three 10FT long balance beams twice while carrying two objects of different weights in each hand. After 3 attempts you will be assessed a 2 minute penalty. **
- Monkey Bars Competitors will cross through 30FT of monkey bars. After 3 attempts a competitor will be assessed a 3 minute penalty. **
- Rope Bridge Competitors will hang upside down and pull themselves across a suspended rope bridge over a specified distance. After 3 attempts a competitor will be assessed a 3 minute penalty. ***
- Cargo Net Climb Competitors will go over a 20FT long and 16 FT high cargo net. A 3 minute penalty will be assessed if you cannot completed this obstacle after 1 attempt.
** A competitor must re-enter the course upon instruction from a staff member for that station, so not to impede progress of a fellow competitor.
AFTER PARTY @ OLD TOWN BAR UNCG 5PM