T3Multisports Youth Triathlon Club in partnership with Highland Communities, Chick-fil-A & Brushy Creek Parks and Recreation Department will conduct a Youth Splash & Dash to encourage our youth to participate in multisport events. Our goal is to promote health and fitness along with loads of fun. Events are open to ages between 7-15 years old. Seniors (11-15) will swim 200 yards followed by a 2K trail run. Juniors (ages 7-10) will swim 100 yards followed by a 1K trail run.
Event date is May 11, 2013. The race starts at 8:00am and costs $30.00. Online registration opens in 2013. Race is limited to the first 200 registrants. Early registration ends March 8, 2013. Late registration April 26, 2013, no guarantee of a t-shirt after this date. In the event the race is not sold out, there will be an additional late registration available at packet pickup but no race day registration. This event will start and finish at Sendero Springs Pool (a Brushy Creek Parks and Recreation facility) with a post race awards presentation.
- Individual participants must wear the swim cap provided in their packets, or any non-club swim caps. No Exceptions
- Flotation devices are not allowed. If you need to rest, you can hold on to the side of the pool, stand on the bottom, or hold on to the lane line
- Participants will line up in order by their Bib numbers. Bib numbers were assigned based on swim times submitted. A participant will start every 10 seconds by a dive/jump start and then doing a 'snake swim' where you swim up one lane, go under the lane line, swim down the next lane, and keep repeating this process until finished
- Participants may push off the wall to start swimming up the lane. Lifeguards will be on the deck near the water for assistance
- Participants are allowed to pass one another in a lane
- Seniors will go first swimming 8 lengths. Once the last Senior finishes the run the Juniors will start. The Juniors will swim 4 lengths
- After the swim, participants will go to the Transition Area. Participants must cross the timing mat before they enter the Transition Area
- Participants must wear shoes, bib number secured by safety pins or a belt with bib number attached
- Shoes must be worn during the running portion of the race
- Participants leave the Transition Area to go on the run course
- Participants must cross the timing mat at the beginning of the run course
- Participants must stay on the left side of the trail
- Seniors will run a 2K, and Juniors will run a 1K
- There will be water stations on the run course
- After the run course participants run down the Finisher's chute to cross the finish line
- NOTE: All athletes are responsible for knowing the Run course; Volunteers help, but athletes are responsible for knowing the course and what the specific course layout is for their age group
- Participants must cross the timing mat at the finish line
- All participants will receive a finisher's medal
- Volunteers will remove chip ankle bracelet
- There will be a water station at the finish line
- Refreshments and sponsor activities will be in the Pool Parking lot
South: Take IH35N to exit 254 (FM1431), turn left onto FM1431, turn Left on Sendero Springs Way, parking on Sendero Springs Way, Pool is on Pasada Lane, less than a block walk.
North: Take IH35S to exit 254 (FM1431), turn right onto FM1431, turn Left on Sendero Springs Way, parking on Sendero Springs Way. Pool is on Pasada lane, less than a block walk.
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps