This page presented by Amazon Exercise & Fitness
|Freezing Cold Hash Run:-Off Road|
|Distance: Run 3 or 5 Miles|
FREEZING COLD HASH RUN 3& 5 MILE GROUP RUN AND PARTY
Sat. Jan. 4, 2014 10am Edison, NJ
Tired of the same old neighborhood roads, traffic, bad drivers? Join the off-road runners for a great and unusual training run. See the swamps and wooded areas saved from development. The Rumson Hash House Harriers again return to the woods and marsh of Edison. Hashing is not a race but a non-competitive group run which follows an off-road course laid out with baking flour. If you like trail running without the competition of a formal race, this will be a fun switch for you. This is a complex and different course through woods, grass, swamp and marsh. Wear old running shoes.
$20.00 TO RUN. FREE T-SHIRT AND OPEN BAR FROM 7:30AM 11:30AM for Pre-registered.
$25.00 DAY OF EVENT. VOLUNTEERS RECEIVE A SHIRT AND OPEN BAR! PLEASE BRING A CAN FOOD DONATION FOR THE ST. JAMES FOOD BANK. POST RUN SOCIAL HELD AT THE GREEN DERBY BAR, SITE OF THE "ON-ON" BREWS. FREE BEER FOR WOMEN 21-69. A fun time is guaranteed! You must be over 21 years old to participate. No times are recorded. A sense a humor is a must. Prizes and giveaways at the post race social!
If you go the wrong way, these are POTENTIAL EXCITING DANGERS / CHALLENGES
- Get bitten by starving animals
- Slip on ice & break bones
- Buried bombs with mustard gas
- Cut your leg on sharp branches
- Slip on snow and break arm
- Touch 29,000 Volts of Electricity
- Run into tree branches, poke eye out
- Angry deer with huge antlers
- Fall into Raritan River and get swept out to ocean
- Frozen Rats & other dead animals
- Exploding gas pipelines
- Bad drivers from New York who dont speak English
- Sticker bushes
- Crawl under barbed wire
- Get hit in head with cement falling
- Slide off mud cliffs off bridges
Facebook Hash club:
Prior links, photos and videos:
2012 Facebook event
Featured on TV News12 NJ and Cablevision.
Sentinel Article: http://ems.gmnews.com/news/2006/0111/Front_Page/022.html
Photos from prior years
Laura S photos
Skull T-shirt Sponsor: Senator Vercammen
Start, Pre- Registration and Skull T-shirt pick up at:
KENNETH VERCAMMEN LAW OFFICE
2053 Woodbridge Ave.
Edison, NJ 08817