3 leg exercises to increase your cycling performance06-12-16
Every professional cyclist knows that a lot of training is needed in order for curtain performance goals can be achieved
Definition of STRENGTH: the quality or state of being strong: capacity for exertion or endurance. (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/strength)
As the founder of E-Fit, a strength and conditioning program designed for endurance athletes by an endurance athlete, you may have figured out I LOVE STRENGTH and what it does for the human body. As a coach, I have seen such AMAZING results with my athletes and their bodies. I see that they have better body awareness. I see fewer injuries. I see CONFIDENCE with these athletes that take them to a different level.
So, we see athletes build their strength physically through swimming, biking, running and lifting. How often do we see athletes build strength….MENTALLY??
As a coach, I think that is where a lot of athletes lose their strength on a mental standpoint.
For example, you may hear athletes talk about themselves and their training:
· I suck at swimming. I am not going to be able to finish this race.
· My run is so slow…I am a turtle.
· My race was TERRIBLE. Now I need to train more.
As an athlete yourself…what do you think happens to athletes when they actually think that? Yes…they won’t finish the race…they will be a turtle and will now overtrain since they don’t think they are “good” or “fast” enough.
Now, I ask this? How do you change these ways of putting negativity in your head as an athlete?
Here is an example of how to change the negative to the positive:
· I have been swimming my$% off, I will be able to finish this race!
· My run has improved so much, that I am a cheetah!
· Ya know…that was my 2nd triathlon in my life and I did pretty darn good. I finished. I didn’t get hurt. I crossed the finish line with a smile on my face, etc.
Change those negatives to a positive and as an athlete…you will be extremely surprised on STRONG you will be not only physically but also mentally!!!
|Coach:||Jennifer Fritzsching Rulon|
|Location:||San Antonio, TX|