Wednesday, January 16, 2013 12:00:00 AM
Swimming Coach Sheila Taormina Announces 2013 Clinic Schedule
<< Back to News
Boulder, CO, USA - January 17, 2013 - Swimmers and triathletes will have a dozen opportunities this spring to improve their swim technique with 4-time Olympian, gold medalist, and triathlon world champion Sheila Taormina. Taormina has announced her winter and spring swimming clinic schedule. For links to registration, please visit www.swimspeedsecrets.com/swim-clinics.
During each clinic, swimmers will work to master the technique used by the world's fastest swimmers under the guidance of Sheila Taormina, who refined her exceptional freestyle during her 30-year racing career. These swim workshops offer a hands-on opportunity to master the technique Taormina explains at length in her book Swim Speed Secrets for Swimmers and Triathletes. Taormina shows slow-motion underwater video of Olympic athletes to demonstrate the goal technique of each clinic. Athletes will learn the dryland and in-water swimming drills that develop a faster freestyle. Taormina will work one-on-one with swimmers to develop their underwater pull, build a stronger connection between core muscles and limbs, and refine the proper timing, rhythm, and turnover for faster swimming. During January and February clinics, athletes will have the opportunity to purchase an advance copy of Taormina's waterproof book of swim workouts and drills, Swim Speed Workouts, which will publish in March.
Sheila Taormina Swimming Clinic Schedule
* January 19-20: Dragon Sports triathlon swimming workshop, Fort Walton Beach, Florida
* February 1-3: Kids' Triathlon Camp presented by North Carolina Multisport for Youth and the Endurance Lifestyle Expo. Sponsored by the Michael and Laura Brader-Araje Foundation. Raleigh, North Carolina
* February 4: Wounded Warriors swimming clinic, Bethesda, Maryland
* February 6-10: pFAST! Swim Clinics with Sheila Taormina presented by Patty's Fine Aquatic and Sport Training at the YWCA Central Massachusets, Boston, Massachusetts
* February 15-16: Swim Speed for Triathletes, Houston, Texas
* March 1-3: Clovis Triathlon Club Swim Clinic presented by Elevated Fitness, Clovis, New Mexico
* March 15-17: TBA, Bismarck, North Dakota
* March 22-24: Build Your Fastest Freestyle Ever presented by TriKC Triathlon Club, Kansas City, Missouri
* April TBD: Andalusia, Spain and Hong Kong
* May 30-June 2: Total Performance Triathlon Camp, Kenyon College, Gambier, Ohio
Sheila Taormina is an internationally recognized swimming coach and one of a handful of athletes who have competed in four Olympic games. She is the only woman in the world to have competed at the Olympics in three distinctly different sports-swimming, triathlon, and modern pentathlon. At just over 5' 2", Taormina refined her exceptional freestyle swim technique to win a gold medal in the 1996 Olympics and the 2004 ITU triathlon world championship. For 15 years, Taormina has coached elite and age-group swimmers and triathletes to develop the strong underwater pull that propelled her to athletic success in her racing career. Taormina conducts dozens of swim clinics around the world each year. For more information, please visit www.sheilat.com.
For more on Taormina's swimming books, please visit www.swimspeedsecrets.com .