|Sprint Triathlon :|
|Triathlon : Swim 600 Yards, Bike 13 Miles, Run 3.1 Miles|
|Sprint Duathlon :|
|Duathlon : Run 2 Miles, Bike 13 Miles, Run 3.1 Miles|
_The 2024 Tri-Shark Classic Triathlon & Duathlon:
The Tri-Shark Classic Triathlon and Duathlon is the Bloomington-Normal area's premier Triathlon/Duathlon event. This Sprint Triathlon/Duathlon course boasts a flat, fast course through Comlara Park and surrounding areas.
The 2024 Tri-Shark Classic is Saturday, June 1, 2024. We are thrilled to bring you the 30th Anniversary of our truly local event. We embarked on this journey to support all those who aspire and are inspired to achieve. We deliver a high-quality event, leveraging our downstate charm and natural resources. We hope you enjoy spending a bit of time with us as much as we enjoy hosting you!
• Course is triangular. Swim clockwise, buoys stay on your RIGHT.
• The start of the swim will be at the boat launch.
• Warm up swimming will be allowed only after the lifeguards have arrived at the beach
• Swim caps are mandatory and will be provided in your race packet. The cap color
signifies what swim wave you will start in.
• If you experience trouble during the swim, wave your arm in the air. Lifeguards
will be positioned along the swim course.
• Athletes may rest on boats without disqualification. If you are unable to complete
the swim, you must take off your chip and turn it into a race official before leaving
the swim area. An athlete who does not complete the swim may continue the race as
long as they have taken off their chip and turned it in. These athletes will not
• Wetsuits will be allowed as per USA Triathlon rules. Swim goggles are recommended.
• Absolutely no bike riding within the transition area. Bikes must be walked or run
through this area.
• All participants are to begin riding their bike after crossing the “MOUNT” line and must get off their bike prior to crossing the “DISMOUNT” line
• The bike course is open to traffic. Please stay to your right on the roadways. Volunteers
and police officers will be monitoring the course.
• Drafting on the bike course is not allowed. Race officials will be monitoring the
• Bikes must be placed back on racks before beginning run segment
• The 5k run will take place on the road along the lake. The course is closed to traffic.
• Duathlete’s turn around at the 1-mile marker for their first run. Complete the entire 5k course for 2nd run.
• Course is an Out and Back with rolling hills throughout.
• Gatorade/Water at 1st and 2nd miles.
• Markers at every half mile.
• Runners must wear their race number on front when crossing the finish line.
• Water will be available at every mile of the run course.
• There is a single, paved transition area.
• The transition area opens at 6:30 AM.
• Body marking and packet pickup (race morning) takes place at the transition area entrance.
• No glass containers in the transition area.
• Only participants are allowed in the transition area.
• Port-O-Johns are located near the transition area.
2023 Results at: runsignup.com
2022 Results at: itsracetime.com
2021 Results at: itsracetime.com or USAT
2020 VIRTUAL Results: June / September
2019 Results at: itsracetime.com or USAT
2018 Results at: itsracetime.com or USAT
2017 Results at: itsracetime.com or USAT
2016 Results at: itsracetime.com or athlinks.com or USAT
2015 Results at itsracetime.com: Triathlon / Duathlon or USAT
2014 Results at itsracetime.com: Triathlon / Duathlon or USAT
2013 Results at itsracetime.com: / / Duathlon / USAT
2012 Results at itsracetime.com: Triathlon / USAT
2011 Results at: itsracetime.com or USAT
2010 Results at: itsracetime.com or USAT
2009 Results at: itsracetime.com or USAT
2008 Results at: itsracetime.com or athlinks.com
2007 Results at: itsracetime.com or onlineraceresults.com
2006 Results at: itsracetime.com or athlinks.com
2005 Results at: athlinks.com or onlineraceresults.com
2004 Results at: athlinks.com or onlineraceresults.com
2003 Results at: athlinks.com or onlineraceresults.com
2002 Results at: onlineraceresults.com :: Triathlon / Relay
2001 Results at: itsracetime.com or athlinks.com
2000 Results at: itsracetime.com or athlinks.com
1999 Results at: itsracetime.com or athlinks.com
Be the first to add a review for this event.Add Your Review
No photos entered yet.Add Your Event Photo