|5K Run :|
|Running : Run 3.1 Miles|
|1 Mile Run :|
|Running : Run 1 Mile|
_ The 2022 ICCS Panther Run:
ICCS Panther Run
The Panther Run is BACK! ICCS PTO will be holding its annual Panther Run/Walk 5K and 1-Mile Color Run after a two-year hiatus on Saturday, January 29, 2022. The race and color run will wind through the streets of the beautiful Margaret Place District. Please join us and support ICCS whether you run, walk or cheer!
Brief Route Description
Start at corner of Park Ave & Ryan Street. Head toward Shell Beach Drive. Take a left on Shell Beach Drive. Turn around at 1.56-mile marker and head back. Water station will be provided at turn around point.
1-Mile Color Run
Start at corner of Park Ave & Ryan Street, and head toward Shell Beach Drive. Turn left on Griffith. Turn left on Wilson. Turn right on Grove. Turn right on Harrison. Turn left on Wilson. Turn right on Griffith. Arrows will be spray painted marking route.
5K = $30 per person through January 26th; $35 on race day
1-Mile = $25 per person through January 26th; $30 on race day
Registered participants need photo identification and the confirmation receipt from RunSignUp.com for packet pick-up. Proxy pickup is allowed for immediate family members, husband/wife/sibling, with identification.
Dates/times = Friday, January 28, 2022, 2:30PM-5:30PM & Saturday, January 29, 2022, 6:30-7:30AM
1536 Ryan Street
Lake Charles, LA 70601
Race Day Schedule
Packet Pickup & Race day registration 6:30AM - 7:30AM
Pre-race briefing 7:50AM
5K Race begins 8:00AM
1mile Color Run begins 8:30AM
5K Awards approximately 9:00AM
● Each runner will be issued a bib number at Packet Pick-Up. It is the responsibility of the runner to wear the bib during the race.
● Race bibs are to be worn on front of abdominal area throughout the race.
● Runners without bib numbers will not receive a time/score.
● Please remember to fill out the Emergency Medical Information on the bib number.
Age Group Categories & Awards
Awards will be issued to the following categories for the 5K only:
● Overall male and female
● 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place male and female runners in each age group:
1-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60 and older
All registrations and fees are non-refundable.
Long sleeve performance t-shirts are provided to registered participants of the 5K & 1-Miler. The shirts are white this year so they can be worn for the color run if desired. Shirts and specific shirt sizes are guaranteed if you register by January 10, 2022.
Additional purchases of t-shirts can be made online at RunSignUp.com registration site, or at Race Day Registration if available.
If there is lightning in the area, the race will either have a delayed start; route may be altered, or depending on the intensity of the weather, be cancelled. If fog is present, the visibility will determine if delayed start is necessary. The Race Director will make the determination.
If race is cancelled due to inclement weather, or other reasons the following will occur:
1) Notification of cancellation will be sent to registered participants via email and posted on ICCS Facebook page
2) All validly registered participants will be transferred to virtual run.
3) Awards (overall, age group, etc) are not available to virtual registrants.
4) Participants will be notified by email. Notification will also be posted on our Facebook page.
Parking available at the Lock Park, and ICCS Parking lot on Ryan Street. However, carpooling is recommended. We encourage courteous behavior toward our neighbors; refrain from parking in grass or on the streets. No parking on Park Avenue or Shell Beach Drive.
Emergency Action Plans
The following actions are taken to provide runners with a safe course:
1) Marshall's Office Officers are positioned along the route for your safety.
2) Volunteers are positioned along the route to monitor medical and safety concerns.
3) Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the event including at registration area, start/finish line, and around portable toilets.
4) Strollers are permitted.
Runners should take the following precautions for a safe run:
1) Do not wear earbuds or listen to music while on the route.
2) Obey basic road rules and Marshall's Office Officers.
3) Stay home if sick. Wash or sanitize hands.
We appreciate your talent and time. Volunteer opportunities exist for the following duties:
· Race packet stuffing and organizing
· Packet pick up day before race
· Packet pick up day of race
· Race site setup
· Cheer and hydration station on race route
· Medical personnel along route for safety of runners
· Cooks and servers
Thank you to the sponsors who donated to this event.
Be the first to add a review for this event.Add Your Review
No photos entered yet.Add Your Event Photo