Located off the coast of Martin and St. Lucie counties, Hutchinson Island is a barrier island bordered by the Atlantic Ocean on the east and the Indian River on the west. Hutchinson Island offers miles of beautiful, sandy beaches to enjoy, with free public access on this down-to-earth island that offers cultural events and activities for the whole family. Hotels, vacation rentals, fine restaurants – Hutchinson Island has it all. A true jewel, Hutchinson Island is a wonderful place to fish, play golf or just share the enchanting Atlantic. Fast-paced it’s not. Relaxing, beautiful and quaint it is!
• Olympic Distance Athletes will participate in a .9 mile point to point ocean swim course.
• Sprint athletes will be required to swim .25 miles.
• The direction of the swim (north or south) will be determined by race officials, the morning of the event (based on the currents).
• Athletes will swim with the current and exit the water just outside of Jensen Beach Park.
• After exiting the water, a short run will take athletes directly into transition.
• A fairly flat and fast bike course.
• Once exiting Jensen Beach Park, cyclists will make a right and head north on A1A.
• After entering St. Lucie County cyclist will then U-turn and then head back to the race venue.
• Cyclists will enjoy spectacular views of Jensen Beach and the Intracoastal Waterway.
• An out and back run course.
• After exiting transition, athletes will head south on A1A on the running path and enter Seminole Shores.