_ 2018 Memorial Hermann IRONMAN North American Championship Texas
The first IRONMAN event in North America each year, Memorial Hermann IRONMAN Texas is an event like no other. As a regional championship, there is added excitement and energy at this event as athletes from around the world come to compete with the pros. With an updated course in 2017, athletes appreciated the fast and flat bike course that led many to reach their own P.R. What a great way to start out the season!
For 2018, this event will also now offer 80 qualify slots to the IRONMAN World Championship, for any athletes aiming to make it to Kona, this event should be at the top of your list.
Why Athletes Love This Event:
• Crowd support along the swim and run
• Fast bike course
• Portion of the bike on a closed toll road
• PR-setting run course
Reviews from 2017 Finishers:
• “This was my first 140.6 race and it was an amazing experience!”
• “I have done 50 triathlons and 32 marathons and these were the most amazing volunteers I have ever experienced.”
• “My first IRONMAN! The crowds on the run were amazing and helped keep the energy and motivation levels high!”