• The islands largest and most popular race begins with a 1/4 mile open water ocean swim; followed by 12 miles of biking over rolling hills with breathtaking views of the island. The last stretch is a 4 mile run on beautiful Cresent Beach.
• There is a 6:00am boat departing Point Judith race morning. If you aren't on the island Friday night, you will be required to take this boat. Please don't forget to buy a ticket for your bike. If you plan on being on island Friday night, make reservations now. If the ferry is cancelled race day, or there is severe weather; the race will be cancelled. Race fee is non-refundable. Roads are not closed during the bike portion.
Race Course: 1/4 mile swim, 12 mile bike, 4 mile run
• The start is at Fred Benson town beach - you will enter the water and swim 14 mile around buoys. • Swimmers will exit the water and run to the bike transition in the front of the beach pavilion. • The 12 mile bike consists of two laps which take you out around the west side of the island and back to the pavilion- please be aware of traffic - there are no marshals. • Bikers will return to the pavilion and begin the 4 mile run to the end of Surf Beach and back up to the end of Mansion Beach. Runners will head back to Town Beach to the finish line. • There are three water stops on the beach run- town beach (there and back), Surf Hotel turn around point, and the Mansion Beach turn around point. • A water stop is available at all transition points. • Fresh fruit and water will be provided at the finish. • Participants are responsible for all items left at the bike transition. • Helmets are required.
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU GET TO THE ISLAND:
• Look for the triathlon signs as you get off the ferry and follow them to check-in at Fred Benson Town Beach.
• The town beach is located on Corn Neck Road.
• Take a right as you get off the boat and follow the road down to the four way stop.
• Take a right at the stop sign onto Corn Neck Road and follow about 3/4 mile. This is where you will leave your bike, check-in, and get your t-shirt and number.
• Anyone who wishes to volunteer please call ahead of time.