_ The 2021 Cobscook Bay Road Races 5k/10k and Kids 1 mile Fun Run:
We are excited to announce we will hold an in-person event this year! Celebrating 30 years of running on the shores of Cobscook Bay will look a little different this year but we can still gather to run and walk in support of Down East Hospice Volunteers and enjoy Cobscook Bay and Reversing Falls!
1- In-person Saturday, June 5 - capped at 80 participants, Run or Walk from the Triangle to Reversing Falls. Wave Start to maintain social distancing, short awards ceremony at Reversing Falls! Specific race day instructions will be sent June 1st via email.
2- Run on Your Own (ROYO) - Run/walk the Course Between May 22 and June 5; submit a time and picture of your run/walk via email or on runsignup.com/cobscookraces
3- Virtually - Run/walk in support of Cobscook Bay races wherever safe and convenient for you. submit a time and picture of your run/walk via email or on runsignup.com/cobscookraces
What will be different for the Live In-person event this year on Saturday June 5?
Following strict guidance from the CDC, State of Maine and RRCA we will be following social distancing measures and hygiene practices to hold a safe event for everyone;
1. No day-of Registration - YOU MUST REGISTER IN ADVANCE BY THURSDAY 3 JUNE AT 11:59PM
2. Cap of 80 in-Person race participants; there is no cap for the virtual or run on your own experience. Register NOW!
3. Strict cap 20 kids fun run participants. Only $10; Lots of prizes for the fun run!
4. Masks will be required during bib pickup, start line, any time on course where you can't maintain social distance and at the finish line.
5. Wave start; you'll receive your start time via email.
6. No aid-stations this year. Bring your own water bottle, hydration belt or hydration vest.
7. No bus transportation; we suggest asking family/friends to be your chauffeur or using a bike - leaving your car at Reversing Falls, ride to the Start line after you have checked-in. We will transport bikes/bags to finish or watch your bike at the Triangle. Plan to pick-up your bib by 7:45am. It’s 15 min drive to the finish at Reversing Falls, and a 30-40min bike ride back to the Start/Triangle.
8. No picnic; we want to reduce the amount of social gathering to be as safe as possible
9. Awards after the last finisher - brief awards ceremony. Awards are at the discretion of the race director
Remember, however you plan to participate Register by midnight Thursday June 3rd.
Specific Instructions will be sent via email the week of the event.
For 29 years proceeds have gone to Down East Hospice, the only volunteer hospice program of cost-free comfort care for the terminally ill, the grieving, and their families throughout Washington County, Maine since 1981. Down East Hospice is celebrating 40 years of compassionate care!
The Cobscook Bay Races had its genesis in the early 1990s, as an effort to create a certified 10-kilometer road race in Washington County, Maine. Our paved and gravel course, which begins near Route 1 in Pembroke, follows the western reaches of Cobscook Bay—the easternmost saltwater bay in the United States—and finishes at Pembroke’s majestic Reversing Falls.
Over the years, the Cobscook Bay Races have brought together our small, coastal communities—participants, volunteers, and local businesses––in support of Down East Hospice. We have shared the special beauty and character of the Quoddy region with participants from all over the US and Canada. Runners and walkers of all ages and abilities have competed in the challenging 10K and 5K courses and the (10 and under) 1-Mile Fun Run.
The course records for the 10K (Judson Cake, 32:59 ; Sarah Mulcahy, 39:07) were hard-earned on this challenging course—particularly in the approach to the finish at Reversing Falls.
Be the first to add a review for this event.Add Your Review
No photos entered yet.Add Your Event Photo