_ The 2021 Fostering Footsteps for Bright Futures 5K/8K/1Mile Run:
Fit & Able invites you to be part of the 3rd running of Fostering Footsteps for Bright Futures to support the Wake Tech Foundation's Fostering Bright Futures program.
The Fostering Bright Futures (FBF) program is a student success program that addresses the overwhelming need for a comprehensive support structure to assist our community's foster youth in making the transition from Wake County's foster care program to independent young adulthood.
The objective of the FBF program is to eliminate barriers that would typically derail foster youth from meeting educational and life goals. By providing financial, academic, and social support, the FBF program helps these young men and women learn the skills they need to live as independent adults and get the education needed to secure gainful and meaningful employment. The FBF program is made possible by a network of community partners, including Dress for Success, Interfaith Food Shuttle, Kramden Institute, The Green Chair Project, United Way of the Greater Triangle, Wake County Humans Services, and Wheels 4 Hope.
So, pick your distance – 1 Mile, 5K, or 8K - then invite your friends and family to race with you! Don't forget! If you get 5 friends to join you using the referral link in your confirmation email you'll get an automatic $15 refund on your registration fee!
Invite your friends and family to run together!
Fostering Footsteps for Bright Futures is part of Fit & Able's Free-for-All Race Series.
* * * Due to the constantly evolving situation due to Covid-19 any specific changes to event operations for protecting participant health and safety in compliance with the most up-to-date recommendations and requirements will be posted no later than 2 weeks prior to the race and emailed to all registered participants. A virtual component is available for all races for those runners who aren’t comfortable racing in person yet but still want to participate in the event. * * *
* Start times subject to change due to weather or safety
* Final pre-race packet pickup and race day information and updates will be emailed to all registered participants and volunteers the week prior to the race.
Race Location: WakeMed Soccer Park (201 Soccer Park Dr., Cary, NC 27511)
Course Information: The course is on WakeMed's cross country course with dirt, grass, and natural trails with moderate to big hills; conditions depend on the weather prior to the event. The course is NOT USATF certified. GPS tracking apps are not suitable for measuring course distances accurately.
Course Maps Coming Soon!
Events: Everyone is welcome to participate! All participants will have chip-timed results that will be posted online. All Fit & Able Productions, Inc. events are inclusion events: anyone of any age, skill-level, or ability can participate in any race!
* No dogs or bikes permitted in the race.
* We strongly discourage participants wearing headphones of any sort while racing for their own safety and so they can properly hear instructions on the course.
* Kids in strollers must be registered and be with a parent registered in either the 5K, 8K, or Mile. Kids in strollers must be numbered, properly buckled into the stroller, and we strongly encourage them to wear a helmet.
* If you or one of your party have a physical or developmental need that may require special accommodation please contact us at least one month prior to the event to discuss reasonable accommodations that may be available.
Course Aid: An athletic trainer will be available at a medical tent located near the finish line. There will be a water station on the course and near the finish line. Water is also available at the registration and refreshment area.
Packet Pick-up: All participants must show a photo ID or be with a guardian with a photo ID in order to pick up their race packets and can only pick up their own race packet. Early packet pickup details will be announced the week prior to the race.
Volunteers: We need your help! If you're available to assist us with registration, handing out water, and cheering on runners please sign up to volunteer between 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM.
Awards: Awards are provided by Omega Sports. Must be present to receive awards; no awards will be mailed out or left at Omega Sports. Save your Fostering Footsteps bib number to get 20% off in store at Omega Sports!
Race Souvenirs: Fostering Footsteps t-shirts are available for $15 until February 15th (and then while supplies last on race day). All 5K and 8K finishers will receive a race medal if registered by February 15th. Milers can purchase a medal for $5.
Online registration closes on March 6th at 9 PM. Cash, checks, and credit cards are accepted at packet pick-up and race day.
* * * NO REFUNDS, TRANSFERS, or EXCHANGES. * * *
Fostering Footsteps for Bright Futures and all its participants are subject to these event policies.
Information from this master site is often shared to or scraped by other online sources that aren't updated when changes are made here. This site on RunSignUp is the only official and updated source for information regarding this event. Everyone who registers for this event will be automatically subscribed to Fit & Able's email distribution list and may unsubscribe at any time.
Fit & Able Productions is a nonprofit organization that has been supporting community and family fitness in Cary since 1997 through organizing creative events and training programs. Proceeds from our events that aren't designated to support other organizations go to support the event and other Fit & Able nonprofit activities.
Be the first to add a review for this event.Add Your Review
No photos entered yet.Add Your Event Photo