Do you love peanut butter sandwiches and granola bars on bike rides? Do you skip rest stops because you need to get to the finish first? Well, then this ride is not for you.
Do any of these words describe you: pleasure rider, gastronome, epicure, gourmand, connoisseur or just plain foodie? How about a beautiful bike ride? Yes? Then youve come to the right place.
On Saturday, October 1, 2016, come along for the 6th annual Santa Fe Gourmet Classic bike ride with gourmet food at each rest stop, catered by Walter Burke Catering. The non-competitive, 65-mile (approximate) bike ride takes you through Santa Fe and out into the surrounding areas, winding around meadows with beautiful views of the Sangre de Cristo and Sandia Mountains.
Enjoy a light (or heavy, as you wish) breakfast to start your ride. Then pedal your way to several rest stops featuring light creative treats, giving you plenty of energy to make it to the next stop. A gourmet lunch will fuel the second half of your journey. Finish off the ride with some fruit and artisanal cheeses.
Event details and schedule
Event date: Saturday, October 5, 2019
- Registration and breakfast:8:30am to 9:00am
- Morning break:9:15am to 10:30am
- Refresher break:10:30am to 11:45am
- Lunch: 11:30am to 12:45pm
- Impromptu break: 1:00pm to 1:45pm
- Can I make it back break: 2:00pm to 3:30pm
- Glad it's over break:3:15pm to 5:00pm
- Final sweep for stragglers:5:30pm
- Notifying police and next of kin for missing riders: 6:00pm (joking!)
Please note that the rest stops will ONLY be open at the times indicated. The rest stop timings assume that you ride at approximately 12 miles per hour.