_ The 2018 Tri-Shark Classic Triathlon & Duathlon:
The Tri-Shark Classic Triathlon and Duathlon is the Bloomington-Normal area's premier Triathlon/Duathlon event. This Sprint Triathlon/Duathlon course boasts a flat, fast course through Comlara Park and surrounding areas.
The Triathlon is a 600 yard swim in Evergreen Lake, 13 mile bike, and a 5K (3.1 miles).
The Duathlon is a 2 mile run, 13 mile bike, and a 5K (3.1 miles). We are a USAT sanctioned event.
• There is a single, paved transition area.
• The transition area opens at 6:00 AM.
Swim: (600 yards)
• Lake swim course is Triangular. .
• Swim counter-clockwise, bouys stay on your LEFT.
• The start of the swim will be at the boat launch.
• Wetsuits will be allowed as per USA Triathlon rules.
Bike: (13 Miles)
• 13 mile bike on country roads.
• The bike course is open to traffic.
• Out and back with some rolling hills.
• Please stay to your right on the roadways.
• Drafting on the bike course is not allowed.
• The 5k run will take place on the road along the lake.
• The course is closed to traffic.
• Duathlete's turn around at the 1-mile marker for their first run.
• Complete the entire 5k course for final run.
• Course is an Out and Back with rolling hills throughout.