One of the greatest triathletes of all times Javier Gomez has decided to compete in the Port of Tauranga Half event which is set…
Quick-Step Floors man Elia Viviani has slipped past right at the finish line to take Ewan’s victory leaving him third as Sunweb’s Bauhaous takes…
One of the most important French riders Romain Bardet has just called the sport of cycling a real ‘laughing stock” mostly because it failed…
The Giro d’Italia director Mauro Vegni has claimed that UCI must sort out the Froome’s salbutamol case as soon as possible. They all need…
Mitchelton-Scoot’s man Caleb Ewan has finally got his redemption for his opening stage loss taking today’s stage victory in Stirling as his teammate Impey…
_ 2018 Coastal Carolina University Sprint Triathlon
Coastal Carolina University is hosting its 25th annual triathlon April 8, 2018. This event is open to all students, faculty and staff as well as the general public. This sprint triathlon consists of a 300 yard swim, an 11 mile bike and a 3.1 mile run.
For the swim, you MUST indicate on your entry your estimated swim time so that you may be placed in the appropriate position for swim start. (Please be as accurate as possible for your swim times.) It will be a zig-zag swim format, completing 2 lengths in each lane before moving under lane line to begin 2 lengths in next lane. Swimmers will proceed with this format for 12 total lengths of the pool – 300yards.
Packet Pick Up: If you are doing this race for the first time, you are encouraged to come out to CCU on Saturday, April 7 between 5pm-6pm to pick up your race packet. It will give you a chance to look at the course in the daylight and ask any questions before race morning. Please come to the Williams Brice Recreation Center Pool (http://www.coastal.edu/tour/ #24 on map) for packet pick up.
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PARTICIPANT TO KNOW THE COURSE. Please review maps, ask questions and prepare in advance for course info. We will do our best to ensure our race volunteers direct you in the right place, but you hold the ultimate responsibility of knowing the course.
EQUIPMENT REQUIRED: Helmets must be worn on the bike portion of the race and are the responsibility of the participant. Beware of “speed bumps” on campus for those using a road bike. Individuals may use a mountain bike, however, awards are only given to overall mountain bike winners, all others will be included in the age group awards. Swimsuits, goggles, towels, running shoes and appropriate clothing are the responsibility of the participant.
• All cyclists will complete one full lap. Towards the end of the second lap, cyclists will turn left onto Tom Trout Dr off of Chanticleer Blvd. There will be a sign and a course monitor to direct.
• No swimming aids allowed.
• Helmets are mandatory. All helmets must be fastened before mounting bike and must be fastened until completely dismounted at the end of the bike portion.
• Cyclists must mount and dismount at designated areas of transition for safety.
• No drafting on the bike. Maintain at least 2 bike lengths behind another cyclists and if passing please do so within 60 seconds.
• All roads remain open during the race. Please be alert to motorists. We will have volunteers at major intersections to stop traffic, but it is also your responsibility to be alert to all traffic.
• Please yield to faster competitors.
• All participants will receive a chip. You must be wearing your chip at all times in order for you to have any race results.
• RELAYS will pass their chip strap to their teammate before transitioning to the next leg of the race.
• All participants MUST be wearing their assigned race number on the RUN leg of the race. No number may result in disqualification.
• Relay teams’ runner MUST be wearing race number bib when crossing finish line.
• Using lane lines for swimming assistance is prohibited.
• All bikes must be re-racked at your transition area.
We invite you to hang around for post race munchies while you wait for race results.
Awards ceremony will be immediately following the race.
- Top 3 Overall Male and Female Individual winners in both Road Bike and Mountain Bike Divisions.
- Top 3 relay teams
- Top three individual M/F in the following age groups: 10 and under, 14-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60 and up
Race Timing provided by Right On Time Productions.
RACE FEES & DATES
CCU Student participant: $30
CCU Fac/Staff participant: $45
Individual Participant (non-CCU): $55.00 until March 25; $65 March 26 through race day.
CCU Student Relay Team: $75
CCU Fac/Stafff Relay Team: $90
Relay Team (non-CCU): $115.00 until March 25; $125 March 26 through race day
On-line Registration for this event closes on 04/06/2018 at 11:59:59am. On-site registration will be available during normal packet pick up hours. On-site registration cannot be guaranteed.
Packet Pick Up will be held at the CCU Williams Brice Recreation Center Saturday April 7, 5pm-6pm & Race Day packet pick up 6am - 6:50am in the Williams Brice Recreation Center. See Map for location and for where to park for event. www.coastal.edu/recreation/fitness for maps and more info.
Be the first to add a review for this event.Add Your Review
No photos entered yet.Add Your Event Photo
One of the greatest triathletes of all times Javier Gomez has decided to compete in the Port of Tauranga Half......
Quick-Step Floors man Elia Viviani has slipped past right at the finish line to take Ewan’s victory leaving......