The third and most important week of this season’s Vuelta a Espana kicks off with one of the main favorite, Simon Yates back in the red, leader’s jersey.
Today’s course starts at Santillana del Mar and sends the riders around right before heading west to the finish line in Torrelavega.
Even though the route seems to be a real challenge for the general classification competitors, it is a great opportunity for TT specialists to give their best and this includes the Mitchelton-Scott champion Simon Yates who leads the Vuelta a Espana by 26 seconds.
Second place is being held by Movistar’s Alejandro Valverde from Spain while third is held by Colombian Nairo Quintana.
? Etapa 16 | Stage 16 #LaVuelta18 ?
Santillana del Mar ➡️ Torrelavega
?? C.R.I | I.T.T
? 32 km – ? 390 m+
+info ➡️ https://t.co/nBFxEAmfUd
— La Vuelta (@lavuelta) September 11, 2018
The full start time list
1.Simon Yates (GBR) Mitchelton-Scott 17-02
2. Alejandro Valverde (ESP) Movistar 17-00
3.Miguel Angel Lopez (COL) Astana 16-58
4. Nairo Quintana (COL) Movistar 16-56
5. Steven Kruijswijk (NED) LottoNL-Jumbo 16-54
6. Enric Mas (ESP) Quick-Step Floors 16-52
7. Thibaut Pinot (FRA) Groupama-FDJ 16-50
8. Rigoberto Uran (COL) EF Education First 16-48
9. Jon Izaguirre (ESP) Bahrain Merida 16-46
10. Emanuel Buchmann (GER) Bora-Hansgrohe 16-44
11. Tony Gallopin (FRA) AG2R La Mondiale 16-42
12. Wilco Kelderman (NED) Sunweb 16-40
13. Gianluca Brambilla (ITA) Trek-Segafredo 16-39
14. Fabio Aru (ITA) UAE Team Emirates 16-38
15. Jack Haig (AUS) Mitchelton-Scott: 16.37