Human Movement Management is stoked to bring the 3rd annual Rocky Mountain Triathlon at Silverthorne. Join us in the shadows of the Gore Range and along the Blue River in Beautiful Silverthorne, Colorado. You provide the training, and Sam Adams will provide the post race beer. See you all in the mountains!
The open water swim is in North Pond, the bike is an out & back along HWY 9 up to UTE Pass and the run is along the Blue River and HWY 9.
- All participants start at North Pond Park, on the north bank. Swim Course Notes: The water temperature is expected to be around 68*F (think Pacific Ocean temps in May). Wetsuits are legal but not mandatory.
- The Sprint Distance swim is one lap on the triangular course (two left turns) and the International Distance course is ONE lap of the "M" style course .
- There will be wetsuit Strippers
- There will be an open swim on Saturday Bike
- The bike course is actually relatively flat. You will be racing at 8,700’ but the elevation gain on the bike course is almost 0’. Both the Sprint and Int’l distance races are ONE out and back headed north on Highway 9.
- The bike course will still have automobile traffic on it, but we will have a dedicated bike lane on both the north and south sides of the road.
- The Sprint will head north for six miles and return to transition on the south side of Highway 9.
- The Int’l will head north for 10 miles, turn around at Ute Pass and back to transition on the south side of Highway 9. Run
- The run course heads along the beautiful Blue River Trail. It’s a mix of city roads, gravel trails and sidewalks.
- Both courses head in the same direction and utilize the same routes. The Sprint is a 3.1 mile run and the Int’l is a 6.2 mile run.
- Although at altitude, It is also relatively flat with no major hills. P.R.?
Parking is available at the Silverthorne Elementary School (100 meters north of transition, North Pond Park, Start and Finish Line). Parking is FREE. If you park here, you have to remain parked (including spectators) until the bike course is officially closed at 11:30 a.m. - Back up parrcking is at "Trent Park" which is about a 400m walk
North Pond Park is located off of the Silverthorne exit Hwy 70. Head North on Highway 9 for four miles. North Pond Park is on the right (east) side of the road
Chip timing (3 splits)
Gender specific cut Dri-Fit event shirt (Zorrel)
Awards 3 deep overall
Awards 3 deep per age category
Fully stocked run aid stations
Pre-rides & runs with sponsor schwag (date TBA)
Professional race photography
ONLY open water swim event in summit county!Race Divisions:
male & female age groups based on age as of 12/31/11:
19 & under / 20-24 / 25-29 / 30-34 / 35-39 / 40-44 / 45-49 / 50-54 55-59 / 60 & up
Proceeds benefit local summit county sports programs and charities
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps