2013 Deep Pond Triathlon:
Conducted on Long Island, in Wading River New York. This beautiful
private 400+ acre wilderness retreat, Schiff Scout Reservation, is an
extremely scenic venue to make your experience that much more memorable.
This event is in it's own class. Competitive Events Group goal is to
provide the BEST Triathlon experience....QUALITY is one of our most
vital concerns. This race starts off with a freshwater swim in a clean
lake, followed by a bike ride through Wading River and on the awesome
Grumman Runway, finishing up with the"coolest" trail run experience.
This course is very spectator friendly and is supported with some of the
most energetic volunteers you will find...we strive to make sure every
triathlete is provided the "white-glove service" he or she deserves.
Come be a part of the event EVERYONE is talking about!!!
• The swim leg of the event will be conducted in “Deep Pond”…Far away from a
“Pond”…this is a beautiful, clean, fresh water 40-acre body of water.
• Triathletes will swim 750 meters out and back.
• Water temperatures are
expected to be in the 70s.
• Wet suits are recommended.
• The bike route takes Triathletes outside of Camp Schiff through the scenic
roads of Wading River and Calverton.
• After approximately four miles,
participants will enter the once no-trespassing zone of the old Northrop
Grumman Airport, where for years they assembled planes such as the F-14
Tomcats and Lunar modules.
• This airport is huge…2900 acres to be exact.
• Triathletes will have the unique opportunity to ride their bikes on one
of the largest runways in the US.
• This is a great ride!
• After a thrilling bike ride, Triathletes will finish off their race with
a run through Camp Schiff.
• Triathletes will race “off-road” around the
lake and through scenic trails.
• Terrain is packed dirt and has some
challenging (but doable) hills.
• The view of the water is beautiful and
will keep you pumped.
• • •
Schiff Scout Reservation is a 400-acre camp located in the Long Island Pine Barrens at 1606 Wading River Manor Road, Wading River, NY 11792. The camp surrounds a 30-acre deep pond, which is a kettle hole famous for its yellow perch, pickerel and sunfish.
The Schiff Scout Reservation is a PRIVATE Boy Scout Camp and is NOT open to the general public. No trespassing is allowed. Please do not attempt to preview this course. The Race Director will be holding on-site Clinics before the event.
2013 Results at: deeppondtri.com
• • •
2012 Results at: active.com
• • •
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps