Chautauqua Lake Big Fish Triathlon
Goals and Objectives for the Community
YMCA Camp Onyahsa
5411 East Lake Road (Route 430)
Dewittville, NY 14728
- The Big Fish Triathlon (BFT) will provide a return to offering a triathlon on Lake Chautauqua (there are no other current triathlons that utilize Chautauqua Lake at this time), and is projected to be part of a series of triathlons for N.Y.s southern tier. The formation of a Chautauqua Lake Triathlon Coalition has been established.
The BFT is to be held in its inaugural debut, June 8th 2013.
There is currently an indoor triathlon held at the Turner Center, Chautauqua, NY.
The plan is for this indoor triathlon, the Kick Cabin Fever Triathlon, to provide the first in a series. As an indoor February event, this triathlon offers a great training venue, as well as extends to all levels of athletic ability.
It is significant to note that these events are run by community individuals within a committee, and rely on sponsorship and volunteerism to organize and promote, are non-profit, and benefit local resources.
- The BFTs primary objective is the unending pursuit of providing the finest athletic experience possible, in a safe and well organized USATriathlon Sanctioned event.
It is to increase awareness of the numerous assets in our community, specifically Chautauqua Lake, and the triathlon venue at YMCA Camp Onyahsa, Dewittwille, NY.
- This non-profit event is a commitment to YMCA Camp Onyahsa and the boys and girls it serves! This will inspire joyful volunteers and sponsors, with giving that has long lasting and far reaching benefits.
- The Big Fish Triathlon has a goal of collaboration with area business, community organizations, municipal and safety organizations, and interested individuals in sanctioning, sponsoring, volunteering, and supporting the various needs required to launch this community event.
- It is an objective of the BFT to promote and encourage swim training leading up to the triathlon. This training objective is to get new and beginner athletes involved, with a focus on education and open water swim safety.
- The BFT will have an objective to measure event growth and participation.Chautauqua Lake Big Fish Triathlon.