The YMCA of Southwestern Indiana is very excited to announce the 3rd Annual YMCA Kids Triathlon! This triathlon will be for kids ages 5-14 and consist of swimming, biking and running.
Triathlons, once thought to be the domain of the super fit few, have been growing in popularity. People of all ages and abilities are participating in triathlons all over the country. Youth races have become quite popular in recent years as kids see their parents participating in these events.
It is the goal of the YMCA of Southwestern Indiana to offer this exciting opportunity for our youth in Evansville and the surrounding area.
Distances by age group (as of December 31, 2013)
- 5-6 - Splash and Dash 50 yard swim, 1/4 mile run
- 7-8 - 100 yard swim, 1.5 mile bike (1 lap), 1/2 mile run
- 9-10 - 100 yard swim, 3 mile bike (2 laps), 1/2 mile run
- 11-12 - 200 yard swim, 4.5 mile bike (3 laps), 1 mile run
- 13-14 - 300 yard swim, 6 mile bike (4 laps), 2 mile run
When and Where
Date: Saturday, May 18, 2013
Time: 9:00 a.m.
Location: University Of Southern Indiana
John Schwentker; 812-401-9622 x 4313
You must be a USAT member to participate. When you register online, you can make your purchase then. Online registration is free and available at: Coming Soon
Safety Check In
Participant's bike will be inspected for safety at check in. Before coming to the event make sure all of the following are true:
- all brakes are in good working order
- the bicycle is securely assembled
- the handlebars are mounted in a safe orientation
- both handlebar ends are securely plugged
- both wheels spin true
- tires show no sign of wearing through or deterioration and are properly inflated
- chain adjusted to proper tension
- no accessories added to the bike that the inspector could deem as hazardous
Bikes MUST pass the safety check before they will be allowed on the race course. The people inspecting bikes are there to pass or fail your bike, and will not have time to repair them. If the bike is not safe, you will have to make the bike safe in time to be re-inspected. If not, you will not be allowed to race, and there will be no refund of fees.
It is STRONGLY recommended that the bicycle be inspected by a trained bicycle technician at your favorite bike shop BEFORE race day.