The Lionheart Adventure Race is a daring 25-hour race in beautiful Ohiopyle State Park located in Western Pennsylvania. This thrilling adventure race includes mountain biking, trail running, kayaking, rappelling, and orienteering for over 85 combined miles. This race is suitable for beginner racers with proficient orienteering skills, intermediate and advanced adventure racers.
- Name: Lionheart A.R.
- Date: August 17th-18th, 2013
- Location: Ohiopyle State Park, Ohiopyle, PA
- National Qualifying Race: East Coast Adventure Racing Series, USARA Regional Qualifier
- Registration: Friday, August 16th,2013 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM at Wilderness Voyagers
- Race Starts: Saturday, August 17th, 2013 8:00 AM
- Race Ends: Sunday, August 18th, 2013 8:00 AM
- Post Race:
- Breakfast Buffet (Included in race fee): 7:00 AM to 9:15 AM at The Firefly Grill
- Awards: 9:30 AM at Wilderness Voyagers
- Distance: 85-90 miles
- Disciplines: Trekking, Orienteering, Mountain Biking, Kayak Paddling, Rappelling (Rappeling is optional and should only be attempted by racers with the proper skill set and training).
- Categories: Solo; 2-person, 3-person, 4-person (male, female, or coed)
- Included: Maps, clue sheets, race shirts, kayaks, paddles, PFDs, ropes for the rappel, awards, SWAG, post-race celebration, post-race breakfast buffet; one of the best endorphin fixes of your life.
- USARA Membership: Since this race is sanctioned by USARA all racers must either be current members of USARA (with proof of membership and membership #) or pay for a one day license at registration/check in. Please have cash on hand.
- Provided: Kayaks, paddles, PFDs, topographical map, race passport, clue sheet, race t-shirt, ropes for the rappel.
- Mandatory Gear Individual (1 Per Person): Rescue whistle, emergency space blanket, knife with 3” blade, mountain bike helmet, waterproof breathable jacket (gortex or nylon), backpack (minimum 12L capacity), snake bite kit, hands-free headlamp, front-mounted bike light, rear-mounted red flashing bike light (ALL lights must have enough burn time to complete race); For the optional rappel: UIAA certified mountaineering helmet, UIAA certified mountaineering harness, auto-locking D, ATC.
- Mandatory Team/Solo Gear (1 Per Team): Waterproof map case, compass, fully-charged cellular phone in waterproof case, snake bite kit, bike repair kit, first aid kit**, 50’ rescue line/throw line, duct tape (minimum of 10’), aqua strobe flashing rescue light.
Click here for printable mandatory gear checklist
- Recommended Gear: Sunscreen, sunglasses, waterproof bags, waterproof document protector, Vaseline, foot powder, tow line, cash, outside maps are authorized, waterproof bladder (at least 70 oz. recommended).
- **First aid kit must contain at least: 10 Motrin or Advil, 10 iodine water purification tablets, one roll of 3-inch sterile gauze (minimum of 6’ in the wrapper), one roll of ace bandage (width 2” wide, minimum of 10’ in the wrapper), one small tube of Neosporin or other antibacterial application, 2 XL bandages (3/4” x 4”), 2 joint/knuckle bandages, 2 finger bandages (7/8” x 3”).
- Also recommended for first aid kit: Eye drops, tweezers, Tecnu Extreme poison ivy treatment
Waiting on Results ....
There are no known results for this event.
If you have a copy of these results, or know where they can be found on line, please email Results@TriFind.com.
• • •
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps