- Name: XTERRA Appalachia
- Date: August 4th, 2013
- Location: Yellow Creek State Park, PA
- National Qualifying Race: XTERRA Points Series
- Race Registration: Saturday, August 3rd, 2013 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM at Day Use Beach Area at Yellow Creek.
- Last Minute Registration and Packet Pickup: Sunday Aug. 4th 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM
- Pre-Race Ride: Course will be marked by 2:00 PM and there will be a guided ride at 4:00 PM
- Transition Opens: 6:00 AM
- Pre-Race Briefing: 8:30 AM at Registration Tent
- Race Starts: Sunday, August 4th, 2013 9:00 AM
- Race Ends: Sunday, August 4th, 2013 Whenever
- Distance: 800 meters (swim), 13 miles (mountain biking), 4 miles (trail running)
- Disciplines: Swimming, mountain biking, trail running.
- Categories: Male: 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+; Female: 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65+, Athena and Hercules.
- Included: Race shirts, awards, SWAG, pizza, awesome FREE raffle for all racers and volunteers (including a BIKE donated by Trailz End Multisport!).
- USAT Membership/ License: Racers who are members of USAT must provide proof of membership and membership number. Racers who are not USAT members may purchase a one-day license at packet pickup/registration. Racers may also purchase one-day licenses online but must provide proof of purchase at registration/packet pick up.
ADDITIONAL INFO ABOUT THE RACE:
- SWIM: 800 Meters. The average water temperature is 82F. The swim will be marked with buoys and athletes will swim in a clock-wise direction, with the buoys on their right. DNCR life guards will be stationed at intervals along the swim in kayaks. For safety reasons, racers MUST pass through the head count chute before the start of the race and after the completion of the swim.
- MOUNTAIN BIKE: 13 miles. The mountain bike course is a combination of fire roads, single track trail, and some park roads. Terrain is rolling and typical of western Pennsylvania. There is some challenging single track, a creek crossing, and some daring lung-busting climbs and bombing down hills. Technical difficulty is about a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10. The bike course will be marked with the BLUE XTERRA arrows.
- TRAIL RUN: 4 miles. The trail run is almost entirely on single track trails, some of which are very technical. A good portion of the trail run will follow the Ridge Top Trail, located to the south of the beach parking areas. Terrain is rolling and typical of western Pennsylvania. The run course will be marked with the RED XTERRA arrows.
- OTHER INFO: The location of the START/FINISH/TRANSITION will be announced before the race. There will be an aid station located here with water and Gatorade. Gatorade will provide product, including bike bottles full of Gatorade for the bike course. Additionally, there is plenty of parking, hot showers, a food concession, picnic tables, the beach, play grounds for small children, boat rentals, and pretty much anything that you could need for a day of family fun.