The April Fools 5k Run Will Become Your Annual Early Spring 5k Race!
Run along the paved path that surrounds the naturally beautiful
waterfront in Springfield Park while keeping pumped with music mixed by
our DJ at each mile and the start/finish line.
- Flat and fast course, 94% paved asphalt, start/finish on smooth soccer fields, USATF Certified #IL-12131-JW
- Short Sleeve Technical Running Shirt for all participants
- Restrooms, water, post-race refreshments and free parking
- Disposable electronic chip timing
- Awards to top three overall finishers and top three finishers in each age category (men and women)
- Packet pick-up at Ducat Chiropractic & Sports
Medicine, 125 S. Bloomingdale Rd, Suite #11, Bloomingdale on Thursday,
April 4th, from 3-7pm or on race day 6:30am-7:30am
- Train to run this race by also registering for the 10 week Walk to Run Program at the Roselle Park District starting on January 26th at 8AM (separate cost/registration).
- Early Bird Registration (ends March 16th) $25
- Regular Registration (ends April 1st) $30
- Race Day Registration (6:30am-7:30am at the race site) (April 2nd-Race Day) $35
Walkers are welcome at this event, but are asked to start behind
faster participants and will be required to stay on the right side of
the race course. STROLLERS and DOGS are strictly prohibited for safety
About Our Charity
Proceeds from this race benefit Stepping Stones for Women of Domestic Violence,
a not-for-profit and Christian-based organization that empowers women
of domestic violence to develop financial and emotional independence by
providing them with a safe, nurturing environment.
When someone you love uses physical violence, threats, emotional
abuse, harassment, or stalking to control the behavior of his or her
partners, they are committing domestic violence. Most victims of
domestic violence are women. Children who witness domestic violence are
also victims. They suffer from behavior and cognitive problems. Boys,
especially, are likely to be aggressive and engage in criminal behavior
if they grow up in homes where domestic violence exists. Help stop the
For more information, go to www.steppingstonesroselle.org.
Train to Race the April Fools 5k Run
Erin Ducat, a Board-Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician and the
Race Director, will be leading a Walk to Run training program that will
help you to be able to go from walking 30 minutes to running the our
race in a supportive environment with weekly mini-workshops and
experienced leaders over 10 weeks. Held at the Clauss Recreational
Center of the Roselle Park District on Saturdays at 8:00am, starting on January 26th, 2013, this program will alternate between indoor track and outdoor running depending on weather.
The cost is $25 (in addition to your race entry) and separate
registration is required for this Walk to Run Program through the
Roselle Park District (or through the Bloomingdale Park District if you are a Bloomingdale resident). To register, go to rparks.org or call 630-894-4200 after the winter schedule is published, before January 26th, 2013.