Distance: Swim 1/4 Mile, Bike 13.2 Miles, Run 3.1 Miles
Race Date: Sunday, July 13, 2014
Location:Camden Snow Bowl
Address: 20 Barnstown Road
City/State/Zip:Camden, Maine 04843
2014 Run Strong & Hope Sprint Triathlon:
• The Penobscot Bay YMCA will hold its first annual 2014 Race Weekend to be held on Saturday, July 12 and Sunday, July 13 at the Camden Snow Bowl.
• On Saturday, we will feature the Run Strong 5K. • A Celebration Cookout and T-Shirt are included for those who register for the 5K!
• On Sunday, we will hold the ninth annual Hope Triathlon. • This sprint triathlon will feature a 1/4 mile swim, 13.2 mile bike and a 5K run all with chip timing.
• All proceeds will support our new health initiative LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA. • We all know someone whose life has been affected by cancer. Through this FREE twelve week program, YMCAs are creating communities among cancer survivors and guiding them through safe physical activity, helping them build supportive relationships, and reducing stress – leading to an improved quality of life.
• The direct cost to offer LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA program is $132 per person with an annual cost of $30,000.