2014 TriByKnight Triathlon:
The third annual TriByKnight Triathlon in Waverly, IA, will begin at 9 a.m. Saturday, May 3rd, 2014. The event will consist of an indoor 300-yard swim, 16-mile bike ride and 5K run. This triathlon boasts an INDOOR swim, which new triathletes are sure to appreciate.
The 300 yard swim will be held in the Wartburg-Waverly Sports & Wellness Center Pool, with the time trial start beginning at 9 a.m. The W pool is a six-lane pool filled with warm clean water. It is supervised by lifeguards and guaranteed to be free from the things lurking beneath most open-water swims. Swimmers will share a single start point and will begin their swim in standard intervals. Participants will swim up and back in each lane, working their way across the pool in serpentine fashion, swimming a total of 300 yards and exit at a single exit point.
- The 15-mile bike ride will be a loop course.
- The course gently rolls out into scenic and friendly Midwest farm country.
- Here's a link to a map of the bike course:
- The 5K run will be on a hard surfaced trail.
- The course will take you through the amazing Wartburg campus and friendly residential areas in Waverly.
- There will be an aid station on the course. Here's a link to a map of the running course:
With our continued commitment to focus on community, wellness, excellence and fun, this friendly and well-organized event will be sure to please, you won't want to miss it!
Be a part of the third TriByKnight Triathlon sign up as an athlete, volunteer, donate, or cheer from your front porch. The TriByKnight Triathlon of Waverly, IA, will be here before you know it!