Wilmington Race for the Cure | March 1, 2014
Race for the Cure is our major fundraising event of the year that
celebrates survivorship; honors those who have lost their battle, and
most importantly, raise funds and awareness for the fight against this
life threatening disease.
The 2nd Annual Wilmington Race for the Cure
will be held Saturday, March 1, 2014 in Downtown Wilmington North
Carolina. Race City is in a parking lot on the corner of 2nd and Market
are non-refundable and non-transferable, even in the event of inclement
weather. The Race is a 5K (3.1 miles). 90% of our registrants choose to
walk rather than run the 5K. We also offer a one mile walk.
- January 6th (11:59 p.m.) Early Bird registration ends
- Early January Volunteer registration opens
- February 17th (11:59 p.m.) Team registration closes to be included in the team box
- February 27th (11:59 p.m.) Online Race registration closes
- March 1st Race Day
- March 31st Fundraising ends
Team Box Pickup
- February 24th 4 p.m. 8 p.m. Independence Mall Belk wing
T-Shirt Pick-up / Individual Packet Pickup
- February 24th 4-8:00 p.m. Independence Mall Belk Wing
- February 27th 4-8:00 p.m. Mayfaire Inside Belk Store
- February 28th 11 a.m. 4 p.m. Race site Downtown Wilmington (15 S. Second Street)
- March 1st 7 a.m. 8:00 a.m. Race site Downtown Wilmington (15 S. Second Street)
checks (made payable to Wilmington Race for the Cure), Visa and
MasterCard accepted. Donations can also be made online, mailed to 133
Fayetteville St., Suite 300 Raleigh, NC 27601 (please include a Fundraising Form), or dropped off at team box pickup, individual packet pickup, or on Race day at the pledges tent.
Preliminary Race Day Schedule (subject to changes, please check for updates)
7:00 a.m. Registration/Packet Pickup Opens
7:45 a.m. Survivor Breakfast Begins
8:00 a.m. Survivor Photo
8:15 a.m. Zumba Warm-up
8:30 a.m. Competitive Open 5K (co-ed), Recreational Open 5K and One Mile
9:30 a.m. Kids Dash (ages 3-5)
10:00 a.m. Survivor Tribute
Shop Komen on Race Day!
- Bring cash, check or credit cards to buy your Komen gear.