2014 Mudder's Day Run:
• Sign up today for the Mudder's Day Run on May 10, 2014 -- the muddiest run to hit Indianapolis! This 5k mud run is riddled with 15 different obstacles and there will also be a DJ, mud volleyball and post-race food and beverages. Timing chips are available for those seeking a competitive experience. All proceeds benefit Hollis Adams Foundation, a privately funded Indianapolis nonprofit that helps adults with developmental disabilities enjoy life experiences through social activities that many of us take for granted. The adults we serve overcome obstacles every day of their lives -- do you have what it takes to tackle obstacles for just this one day? Get Dirty and Make your Mother Proud!
• • •
Some of the obstacles that you will be experiencing:
1. Barb wire crawl
a. Length will be based on where it is placed in the course. It needs to be at least twenty feet and potentially up to thirty feet wide. A couple of feet off of the ground and dependent on the terrain.
2. Monkey bars
a. 8-10 handle bars. I would like this to be built over a manmade water/mud pit because this will make falling a lot less injury prone. This will need to be placed on stable ground with large amounts of base supports.
3. Mud pits
a. Several feet deep and several feet long of mud and water. I would like to have a section of several, one right after another if the course allows. Will be based on how the course is planned.
4. Creek rope climb
a. Rebuilding the obstacle from the last race that was a rope climb out of the creek.
5. Rock wall
a. This is a natural obstacle. All we need to do is ensure that it is safe to climb.
6. Mud mile
a. This will be a section of the course, not a mile long, but is merely designed to be a muddy mess and will be difficult to run through and will potentially have a variety of other obstacles as well.
7. Creek climb
a. A section of the course that will be a naturally built obstacle (limbs, trees, etc.) but will be a required portion of the course to climb over and continue the race.
8. 7 to 10 foot walls
a. These can be varied throughout the course. The seven-foot walls will have no footholds and will have to use the assistance of other individuals to complete. However, the ten-foot walls will have a section where you can climb up and over and a section where you can try and climb unassisted.
9. Tight rope walk
a. We will utilize trees to create a tight ropewalk over a mud pit with a singular rope to hold on to. We will have three of these stringed over the same pit.
Sertoma East Club,
2316 South German Church Road.
• All proceeds will benefit adults with disabilities.
• You will be racing for a good cause!
• 2014 race registration is open.
• Registration Information.
• • •
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps