2014 Granite Man 10 Mile Mountain Run:
• This is an exceptional USATF, 10 mile trail run that starts at Hart-Tish Park and crosses Upper Applegate Rd to Collings Mountain Trail.
• • •
10 Mile Race Route:
• The course follows the length of the Collings Mountain Trail.
• You’ll encounter an abandoned miner’s cabin and an inactive Sasquatch trap.
• Several mine adits (tunnels with one entrance) are also found along the trail.
• You’ll take in excellent panoramic views of Applegate Lake and the Siskiyou Crest at several locations along the trail. While traversing the western slope of Collings Mountain you’ll gain 1,000 feet in elevation.
• Trees encountered along the trail include old growth Douglas fir, sugar pine, ponderosa pine, Pacific madrone, white oak and Saddler oak.
• Cross Upper Appelgate Road again and finish downhill to Hart-Tish Park.
• Breath in the mountain air and smile at your accomplishment!
• • •
From Grants Pass to Applegate Lake
45 miles, 1 hour driving time
Take Grants Pass exit 55
Go south on 99 which turns into US199 Williams Hwy
Follow 238 to Rush
Turn right on Upper Applegate Road
Go past Applegate Dam to Hart-tish Campground/Park
From Medford Oregon
31 miles, 50 min driving time
Take Medford exit 30 Past Rogue Valley Mall
Crater lake Hwy turns into Ross Hanley drive
This meets 238
Following 238 going thru Jacksonvillie Oregon
Turn left at Ruch on Upper Applegate Road
Past the Applegate Dam to Hart-tish Campground/park
Campground (541) 899-9220
From Interstate 5
Take exit #27 for Medford and Jacksonville. After exiting the highway, go west on Barnett Rd (follow the signs toward Jacksonville). Turn right onto OR 99 North/Riverside Avenue. Follow OR 99 for 1 mile and turn left onto Main Street. Bear right in 0.4 miles and follow Jacksonville Hwy. You will enter Jacksonville in 4 miles. About 0.7 miles into Jacksonville, bear right on OR 238. This will take you through the “Old Town” section of Jacksonville. Note your mileage as you exit Jacksonville on OR 238. In 7.4 miles, turn left in the small town of Ruch onto Upper Applegate Rd. Follow signs for the Star Ranger Station and Applegate Dam. Follow Upper Applegate Rd for about 15 miles to Hart-Tish park. If you’re using www.mapquest.com the following address will get you close: Star Ranger Station, 6941 Upper Applegate Rd, Jacksonville, OR 97530.
For more information on Granite Man Endurance Races contact: Chad Wikander, Race Director e-mail: email@example.com
• 2014 race registration is open.
• Registration Information.
• • •
2013 Results at: onlineraceresults.com 2012 Results at: onlineraceresults.com2011 Results at: onlineraceresults.com2010 Results at: onlineraceresults.com2009 Results at: onlineraceresults.com2008 Results at roguemultisport.com: Triathlon / Duathlon / Relay / Mountain Run2007 Results at: roguemultisport.com
• • •
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps