2014 Couples Triathlon: (formerly known as Capitol View Triathlon) at Governor Nelson State Park is a sprint and olympic triathlon and duathlon for individuals, couples, and relays. Individuals and couples compete all three disciplines (swim, bike, run) individually, and relay teams of 2 or more people compete the three disciplines amongst the relay team members. The couples component is done through scoring.
- Two people sign up as a ‘couple’. They don’t need to be an actual ‘couple’ – there are 10 different divisions to chose how your pair can be classified (ex: siblings, coworkers, etc)
- The ‘couple’ selects one of the 10 divisions upon registration
- Each person of the ‘couple’ completes the ENTIRE event as an individual. The wave starts will be based one the event divisions, and will include an elite wave and age group individual waves.
- After the event is completed, the awards will be determined based upon the ‘couples’ combined time in their division, each racer’s individual age group, and overall male/female. For example: a 25 year old female could win her age group, her ‘couples’ division with the combined time with her partner, and also win overall female.
- One person can sign up as an individual.
- Individual racers will be awarded for their age groups and overall.
- Individual racers will start the race in assigned age group waves or the elite wave.
- Team relays (2 or 3 people) register as a team relay – NOT AS A COUPLE. (Couples teams compete all 3 disciplines; meaning both people swim, bike, and run).
- Relay teams can have 1 person swim, another person bike, and another person run. Or, if a two person relay, then 1 person can swim & bike and the other person run, or 1 person can swim, and the other person bike & run.
- Team relays can also register into 1 of 3 divisions: Jacks (all male team), Jills (all female team), and Mixed (female/male mixed team).
Governor Nelson State Park is located on the north shore of Lake Mendota, directly across the lake from downtown Madison.Entrance to the park is located on Highway M at Oncken Road.- - -
2013 Results at itsracetime.com:2013 Results: Olympic / Sprint
2012 Results at itsracetime.com:
2012 Results: Olympic / Sprint
2011 Results at itsracetime.com:
2011 Results: Olympic / Sprint
2010 Results at itsracetime.com:
2010 Results: Olympic / Sprint
2009 Results at itsracetime.com:
2009 Results: Olympic / Sprint
2008 Results at TriFind.com:
2008 Olympic Results: Overall / Collegiate / Relay
2008 Sprint Results: Overall / Relay
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps