2014 Tough Cookie Women's Duathlon:
• The Tough Cookie Women's Duathlon is a beginner-friendly, sprint distance run-bike-run event followed by a kids’ fun run. The 1.5mi. run/10 mile bike/ 1.5mi. run. course takes you through the scenic country side of Copperas Cove, TX.
• Your entry fee includes a great race t-shirt, fabulous goody-bag, free massage beautiful unique finisher awards. You don’t want to miss this event! Tell your friends!
• This event would not be posible without the help of volunteers, if you or anyone you know who is not participating would like to volunteer, please contact us at 512-228-7908.
• • •
• The out and back run course follows a 1.5 mi. out and back, paved, winding path that starts in the South Park across from the Martin Walker School.
• Runners will be advised to keep right at all times to avoid oncoming runners.
• The bike is a beautiful scenic 10 mile out and back course takes place on the beautiful rolling hills of FM116/Ivy Gap Road in Copperas Cove.
From Highway 183
Take 183 north through Cedar Park, Leander and Seward Junction to the small community of Briggs. At Briggs, turn right off of 183 at the FM2657 sign. Go through Briggs, and turn right at the yield sign onto FM2657 proper, and follow that approximately 20 miles into Copperas Cove.
The fastest way to the race site is to turn right onto FM3046 and follow FM3046 until you reach Dennis Drive. The start-finish area is just before you reach Dennis Drive on your left. Parking is just past Dennis Drive in front of and alongside Martin Walker Elementary School.
To reach motels from FM3046, follow FM3046 until it intersects with FM116 South. Turn left onto 116 and follow it until it intersects with U.S. Highway 190. The Howard Johnson Express Inn is just across the intersection to the left. Other motels are right on U.S. 190.
Take I-35 north to Belton and take the U.S. Highway 190 (Killeen-Fort Hood) exit. Cross under I-35 at the stop sign, and follow the signs to Copperas Cove. That puts you on U.S. 190, heading west. Drive approximately 26 miles into Copperas Cove.
The Best Western motel is accessible by turning left at the first light in Copperas Cove. Other motels (Cactus, Howard Johnson Express, etc.) are further west on U.S. 190, directly on the highway.
2013 Results at: onlineraceresults.com
2012 Results at onlineraceresults.com: Overall / Relay
2011 Results at: mychiptime.com
2010 Results at: mychiptime.com
2009 Results at RunFAR: Overall / Age Group / Military / Searchable
2008 Results: no known results
2007 Results at RunFAR: Overall / Age Group / Military / Relay
2006 Results at RunFAR: Overall / Age Group / Searchable / Relay
2005 Results at RunFAR: Overall / Age Group / Searchable / Relay
2004 Results at RunFAR: Overall / Age Group / Searchable / Relay / Kids
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps