2014 MTA Lake James Triathlon & Duathlon:
The McDowell Trail Association is pleased to host its 5th Annual MTA Triathlon at Lake James on May 17, 2014 at the new Paddy's Creek Section of Lake James State Park.
• The triathlon consists of a 750 meter lake swim, 22 mile ride, and 5K run.
• The Duathlon option, introduced in 2013 to rave reviews, features a 3.1 mile run, 22 mile ride, and 5K run.
• Lake James in May is a great venue for multi-sport events.
• The scenery is breathtaking, with views of Lake James visible from almost everywhere on the course.
• Whether you're a seasoned veteran or new to the multisport experience, this is a must-do event.
Once again in 2014:
• USAT sanctioning and professional event management provided by Blue Ridge Multi Sports. Online registration opens January 1st!
• • •
All participants must finish the event in under 3 hours, 30 minutes. Race officials reserve the right to remove any participant from the course who it deems unlikely to finish the event within the stated time limit.
A pdf-formatted map of the course is available by following this link.
Course Elevation (Bike):
Bicycle course elevation chart as compiled using MapMyRun.com. Elevation at the start/finish: 1,290 feet. Minimum elevation: 1,226 feet; maximum elevation: 1,396 feet.
The Paddy's Creek Section of Lake James State Park is located in Burke and McDowell counties, five miles northeast of Marion off NC 126.
Traveling east on I-40
From I-40, take the Nebo/Lake James exit (exit 90) and head north.
After a half mile, turn right onto Harmony Grove Road, and follow it for 2 miles to a stoplight. Proceed straight across the intersection and past Nebo Elementary School to a stop sign.
Turn right onto NC 126, and follow the signs to the park entrance on the right, after you cross the bridge.
Traveling west on I-40
From I-40, take the Dysartsville/Lake James exit (exit 94) north for 0.5 mile to a stop sign.
Turn left onto US 70 and follow it for 1.5 miles.
Turn right onto Bridgewater Road and travel 1.2 miles. Turn left onto Benfield’s Landing Road, and follow it for 2 miles to a stop sign.
Turn right onto NC 126, and follow the signs to State Park entrance.
Day of Race Schedule:
5:30pm-7:00pm (Friday night) - Early packet pickup is available at the Lake James State Park office area.
6:00-7:30am - Onsite registration available.
8:00am - Simultaneous Triathlon and Duathlon start!
11:00am - Presentation of awards
2013 Results at leetiming.com: - (May 18, 2013)
• 2013 Triathlon Results: Overall / Age Group / Clyde / Relay
• 2013 Duathlon Results: Overall / Age Group
2012 Results at leetiming.com: Overall / Age Group / Clyde / Relay - (May 19, 2012)
2011 Results at leetiming.com: All / Age / Clyde / Athena / M-Relay / F-Relay - (May 21, 2011)
2010 Results at leetiming.com: Overall / Age Group / Relay - (july 24, 2010) - 1st annual
• • •
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps