2014 MingoMan Triathlon:
• On the third weekend in August, athletes of all ages and experience will arrive in the heart of Ohio to assemble for what we hope will become one the best Olympic and sprint triathlons in the nation – The MingoMan Triathlon.
• On August 17, 2014, the inaugural MingoMan Triathlon (and duathlon) will be packed with heart-pounding action as a point-to-point triathlon starting with a swim in the reservoir of Delaware State Park, a bike race to the heart of Ohio to the City of Delaware, and finally an exciting run to the noise of cheering crowds and live music through the streets of Delaware through downtown Delaware and the campus of Ohio Wesleyan University.
• From the Beach to the party in the streets! MingoMan Triathlon”
• The MingoMan Triathlon was created to bring another world-class triathlon, in addition to our Ohio State’s Ross Heart Hospital TriFit Challenge Triathlon, to Central Ohio. The goal of the MingoMan is celebrate the sport of triathlon, the community and City of Delaware, and most importantly continue our initiative to create awareness about the prevention of heart disease and encourage heart healthy activities to change the way athletes, family members, and spectators live their life.
• • •
• Triathlon and Duathlon Relay Teams
- You may team up with one or two of your friends and participate as 3-person relay team (one swimmer (or runner), one biker and one runner). See FAQ for more details on relay formation.
• Start Time
- 7:00 a.m. Olympic Triathlon and Duathlon
- 7:30 a.m. Sprint Triathlon and Duathlon – approximate
Note: Exact wave start times will be announced as we get closer to the event. Start time is approximate for Sprint triathlon and duathlon as those distances will begin shortly after the Olympic distance athletes are underway.
• Race Packet
- All participants will receive the following amenities for their entry fee into the event:
- Official MingoMan sustainable event shirt
- Official MingoMan sustainable water bottle
- Official MingoMan swim cap*
- Official MingoMan wristband
* Swim caps are latex. If you have latex allergy please notify the triathlon organizer to discuss your options.
• Finisher Medal
- All finishers will receive a custom made MingoMan finisher medal
• Packet Pick-up/Athlete Check-in
- Early packet pick-up location to be announced
- Please bring the following items with you to athlete check-in and packet pick-up:
USAT card to show proof of current USAT membership (if member)
• Athlete Wristband
- All athletes will receive a wristband that identifies you as an official race participant and must be worn during the race. This allows you access to the transition and post-race food/beverage area. You will not be permitted in the transition area without a wristband.
• Gear Bags
- You will receive the following gear bags at athlete check-in:
Morning Clothes Bag – for items you wear to the race start and for items needed after your finish.
Swim Gear Bag – for your swim items used during the swim (goggles, swim cap, etc.)
Run Gear Bag – for your items used during the run (running shoes, cap, etc.)
• OPTIONAL Bike & Run Gear Set-up Instructions
- To reduce stress the morning of the race we encourage you to take advantage of the optional bike and gear check-in on Saturday, August 16.
• The check-ins times are:
Bike Check-in: Delaware State Park 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Bike-to-Run Check in: Mingo Park 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- You will have access to your bike on Sunday morning beginning at 5:00 am. You will have the opportunity before the race to re-enter transition to check your tire pressure and perform other pre-race inspections. No bikes will be permitted to be removed from transition once racked until the start of the race on Sunday. Transition security will be provided from the start of bike check-in until all bikes have exited transition #1 on race morning.
- Helmets and cycling shoes may be brought into bike transition (at Delaware State Park) Sunday morning. Helmet and shoes maybe clipped to the bike.
- PLEASE NOTE if you do not check-in your bike on Saturday you will NOT be able to ride with your bike on the shuttle bus on race morning.
• RACE DAY Bike & Run Gear Set-up Instructions
- Set-up for a point-to-point can be performed several ways on Sunday morning but our recommendation approach is:
- Bike Check-in (Transition #1) Check-in for bike on Race morning begins at Delaware State Park at 5:00 am. Check-in bike and then head 15 minutes to Mingo Park to set-up run gear.
- Run Gear Check-in (Transition #2) Participants can set-up up their bike-to-run transition gear at Mingo Park in race morning from 5:00 am – 6:30 am. Security will be on hand.
- Transition #1 and Transition #2 are Identical
- The swim-to-bike and bike-to-run transitions are identical. The row and rack assignment for you in transition #1 is the same for transition #1. Example, if assigned Row B, spot 212, in transition #1 you will be assigned Row B, sport 212 in transition #2. Your row and rack assignments will be indicated on your race bib.
• Bus to race start from Mingo Park to Delaware State Park
- All participants will be shuttled to the start from Mingo Park (transition #2) on race morning and no bicycles will be allowed on the buses. Buses will begin leaving at 5:00am with last bus to Delaware State Park at 6:30 am.
• Timing Chip Pick-Up
- Sunday from 5:00am – 6:45am at Delaware State Park
• Awards The top three overall and in each age groups (14 & under, 15-19, 20-24…75+), Clydesdale, Athena, divisions will receive awards. The top overall relay team and each member of the relay team will receive an award commemorating their finish.
• Transition Course Map
• Swim Course Map
• Bike Course Map
• Run Course Map
• • •
• Map & Directions
• • •
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps