Open Water Academy Weekend For Triathletes:
This is the mot comprehensive open water swim training available for triathletes. If you swim faster in the pool
than you do on race day in open water with a wetsuit, this program is for you. Swimmers that are competent in the
pool (can swim at least 200 yards non-stop with ease) will learn how to transfer their swim skills to the challenging
and fun open water environment. This weekend Program includes:
- One-on-one Freestyle Technique Tune-up by Total Immersion Certified Coach Ingrid Miller.
- Multi-angle videotaping and detailed written stroke analysis and drill suggestions on a CD or flash-drive.
- One-on-one Pool instruction in open water specific swim techniques.
- Open Water Anxiety Management Course described below.
- Wetsuit Rental.
- Swim Cap and "Fearless Swimming For Triathletes" book (Meyer & Meyer 2010).
- One-on-one Surf-Skills Instruction.
- Graduates receive the Fearless Swimmer Sweatshirt.
Pool instruction is in the Irvine area and open water instruction takes place in various locations nearby. If you are
staying the weekend, you will need a car for travel between venues.
Saturday Instruction 9AM -10:30 AM, lunch break, Instruction Noon -3PM
Open Water Technique Instruction (Pool), Open Water Course
Sunday Instruction 9AM -10:30 AM, lunch break, Instruction Noon -3PM
Surf Skills class, Freestyle Technique Tune-up and Video analysis.
Precise start times and locations TBA to participants so you can plan.
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps