2014 Tri for Kids Triathlon Series:
• The Tri 4 Kids Series will be held at Rancho Seco Park in Herald, California.
• The course will have a 50 meter or 150 meter swim, a four mile bike, and a one mile run.
• Boys and girls aged 11 and over will swim the longer distance, with kids aged 10 and under doing the shorter distance.
2014 Race Dates:
• June 1st,
• June 14th
• July 13th
• August 3rd
• Series Awards will be presented to the top athletes racing all FOUR events in each age group.
• Series Age will be based upon athletes age upon August 3rd.
• EVERY boy and girl who races all FOUR TRI 4 KIDS Races will receive a TRI4KIDS Series Finisher Medal on August 3rd!
• • •
The swim course will be a 50 meter swim or 150 meter swim along the shoreline, completely monitored by safety kayakers and lifeguards.
The bike course will be a four-mile course on the roads inside the park at Rancho Seco. The course will be closed to traffic and monitored for safety. The Bike course will Not have an aid station. Water and electrolyte beverage, along with energy gels will be available in the transition area.
The run course will be a one-mile course around sections of the lake on grass and trails. There will be an aid station at the start and half way on the run course. ALL athletes must wear their race number on the front of their body during the run and have it when crossing the finish line.
- Rancho Seco Park is the site of many of the TBF Racing summer events.
- The park features plenty of camping and the lake's summertime water temperature is in the 70s.
Rancho Seco County Park
• 14440 Twin Cities Road
• Herald, CA
• Map & Directions
7:30 am Entry into Rancho Seco Park closed from 7:30 am to 8 am due to Tri for Kids Triathlon bike course closure. Vehicles can park and walk in approximately one mile or wait until the road opens at 8 am.
Aid stations will be located in the transition area and on the run course, serving cold water and electrolyte beverage.
Divisions and Awards:
For the TRI for KIDS Triathlon there will be age group awards five-deep for each one-year age group. Every finisher will receive a race finisher ribbon.
TRI for KIDS Series Awards, will be presented to the top athletes racing all FOUR events in each one-year age group at the fourth and final TRI for KIDS Triathlon on August 3rd.
Expected water temperature for Rancho Seco Park Lake will be 72-76 degrees. Wetsuits are optional. Swim fins and snorkels are not allowed. Helmets must be worn and buckled on the bike at all times. Run numbers must be worn on the run and when crossing the finish line. Listening devices of any kind: MP3, IPod, headphones, etc.. are not allowed.
Included for each competitor is a Tri for Kids Triathlon race shirt, swim cap and athlete goody bag. Every finisher will receive a race finisher ribbon.
Post Race Athlete Food:
Included for each competitor is a post race meal of hot pasta with salad, fruit, cookies and beverage.
TRI for KIDS Triathlon:
• $35 until 4/30/14,
• $40 until race day,
• $50 race day
TRI for Kids 4-Race Series:
• $120 until 4/30/14,
• $130 after
2000 - 2013 Results at: tbfracing.com
• • •
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps