2014 Fox Island Sprint Triathlon Series & Trail Runs:
- Fox Island County Park is home to unique geology and geography. Included in this is a small spring-fed sand and gravel bottom lake.
- Bowman Lake is where the 500 meter swim begins the race.
- Runners for the Duathlon start from the same area and run to an aid station on the road and back to transition to merge with the exiting swimmers.
- From transition, cyclists will wind through .5 miles of wooded curvy asphalt to exit the park and ride some of the fastest and smoothest roads in the area. The quality of the roads is no coincidence, as you'll notice massive quarries all around you - you race on one of Fort Wayne's greatest natural resources - the Fort Wayne Belt.
- Once dismounted from your bike, the run takes you out the same route on flat roads to an aid station located at the half way point and turn around.
- The finish is located at the sandy beach near the starting line with fresh food, live music, and results provided by ETS, a company for ITS.
- Early packet pickup and hotel accommodations are located at the Residence Inn Southwest.
- A stones through from the race course. Athletes have their own private paved and unpaved trail system to warm up on: the towpath, greenway, and eagle marsh.
Fox Island County Park
• 7324 Yohne Road
• Fort Wayne, Indiana
• Map & Directions
• • •
2013 Results at: elitetimingsolutions.com - 6/16/2013
2013 Results at: elitetimingsolutions.com - 5/19/2013
June 2012 Results: age group / overall - (.doc files)
May 2012 Results: age group / overall - (.doc files)
April 2012 Results: age group / overall - (.doc files)
2011 Results at: RockSolidRes.com or TriFind.com - (2011 was the first year for the Fox Island Triathlon)
• • •
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps