2014 Carolina Half - Long Course Triathlon:
After a successful inaugural year, we are looking forward to hosting this event again in 2014. There will be a few course changes which we will announce as we get them finalized. We are also adding an International distance event which will begin at 7:30am. Stay tuned for more information on that event as well. And as always, find us on Facebook for the latest news and updates, including fun giveaways and previews!
The event will start at the Davidson College Lake Campus (200 Lake Campus Drive, Mooresville, NC 28117) off Langtree Rd in Mooresville, NC and finish at Bailey Rd Park (11536 Bailey Rd, Cornelius, NC 28031) in Cornelius, NC. Transition #1 and Transition #2/Finish Line will be serparated by only 7 miles. Be sure not to miss it, we expect the event to sell out!
This race involves some special logistics due to the point-to-point nature of the race. The swim takes place at Davidson College Lake Campus. The bike course starts at Davidson College Campus and finishes at Bailey Rd Park along with the run.
- The swim will take place at Davidson College Lake Campus off Langtree Rd. Water temperature at Lake Norman this time of the year is usually around 72 degrees which will make for a fast wetsuit legal swim.
- The swim will be a beach start, with participants lining up shoulder to shoulder.
- It will be a triangle clock wise swim course with two turns.
- Swim bouys will be positioned every 100 meters throughout the course.
- The swim exit will be a ladder exit at the end of the pier.
- The swim to bike transition is will be at Davidson College Lake Campus.
- The swim to bike transition is about ¼ mile due to the finish location of the swim and the start location of the bike.
- The road from swim finish to T1 is not paved, it is a gravel road.
- We will provide a location at swim finish to place shoes, so participants have the option to utilize them when running from swim finish to T1.
- The bike course is a 56 mile loop that rides thorugh 4 different counties.
- The course will start out by going directly through Mooresville heading out into rural areas of NC.
- The cycling course is a combination of flats, rolling hills, rural and urban areas.
- The Road surface is very good throughout the course.
- All participants are will need to check in their bikes into the T1/Davidson College Lake Campus transition area on Saturday between 2:00 PM – 7PM. or Race Morning from 4:30 – 6:30 AM.
- All athletes and spectators will be transported to T1/Davidson College Lake Campus on race morning.
- The bike to run transition will be at Bailey Road Park.
- The run course is an “out & back” with a loop design.
- The course is rolling, features a fair amount of shading, but also some stretches without shade.
- The run will leave Bailey Rd Park and connect to the Cornelius/Davidson Greenway system.
- It will utilize the Cornelius/Davidson Greenway system and surrounding neighborhoods in Davidson/Cornelius.
2013 Results at carolinahalf.com: Open / Male / Female / Division / Novice / Aquabike / Relay - first annual
• • •
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps