2014 Pioneer Power Sprint Tri & 5K:
• The Texas Woman’s University soccer team will host the eighth-annual Pioneer Power Sprint Triathlon & 5K on Sunday, July 27, 2014, on the picturesque TWU Denton campus. The sprint triathlon, a USA Triathlon (USAT) sanctioned event, is scheduled to begin at 6:45 a.m. and will feature a 200 yard swim, a 16.1 mile (26 km) bike ride, and a 3.1 mile run.
• The registration fee for the sprint tri is $65.00 from now through June 3, $75.00 from June 4-July 15, and $89.00 from July 16-July 22.
• For the second year in a row, the sprint triathlon will include a team competition.
• The team competition will consist of three divisions – male, female, and coed. This is not a relay
, as each team member will do all three components of the sprint tri – the swim, bike, and run. The overall race times of the three team members will be added together to determine a final team time. The team with the lowest total time in their division will win team trophies.
• Racers that participate on a team are still eligible for overall and age-group awards.
• An additional incentive to sign up as a team is that the total team registration fee is $165.00 from now through June 3, a discount of nearly $10.00 off the individual participant registration fee. 22 teams (10 male, 3 female, and 9 co-ed) competed in the 2013 Pioneer Power Sprint team competition.
• The separate 5K race is back again this year.
• The 5K is open to both runners and walkers and will start at 7:30 a.m. outside the triathlon transition area and take place on the same run course being utilized for the sprint triathlon.
• The registration fee for the 5K is $25.00 from now through June 3, $30.00 from June 4-July 15, and $35.00 from July 16-22.
• 78 males and 42 females participated in the 2013 Pioneer Power Sprint 5K.
• Overall and age group awards will be given out for the 5K this year.
• The 2014 Pioneer Power Sprint Triathlon & 5K will be produced by Dallas Athletes Racing under the supervision of race director Dan Jones.
• Multisport enthusiasts in the North Texas area will recognize Dallas Athletes as the company responsible for highly-regarded local events such as the St. Patrick’s Day, Caveman, TexasMan, Disco, and Monster triathlons.
• The Pioneer Power Sprint race course has a reputation as one of the best in North Texas.
• The 200 yard swim takes place in the 25-yard TWU Fitness and Recreation indoor pool.
• The bike ride is an out-and-back route primarily on scenic Highway 428.
• The run (for both the sprint tri and 5K) is one-loop path that begins on the TWU Pioneer Golf Course before finishing at the Hubbard Hall oval in the center of the TWU campus.
• More than 2,200 racers have participated in the first seven editions of the Pioneer Power Sprint. Jones expects another strong turnout for the 2014 race. “This is one of the best races we put on” said Jones. “The course is challenging but fun and the location is phenomenal. The additions of the team competition and the 5K are great enhancements to the event. Hopefully we’ll get another good turnout this year.”
• Profits from the 2014 Pioneer Power Sprint Triathlon & 5K will benefit the TWU soccer team. Babak Abouzar, the Pioneers’ head soccer coach, is excited about the upcoming race.
• “I’m confident that this year’s Pioneer Power Sprint will be our best yet,” stated Abouzar. “The race course is better than ever and the Dallas Athletes folks always put on a good show and make sure that everybody has good time.”
• Competitors in the 2014 Pioneer Power Sprint Triathlon will receive a tech shirt, performance socks, and a finisher medal. Racers that take part in the 5K will receive a tech shirt and performance socks.
• The post-race party will include live music, free food and drink (including the world-famous Dallas Athletes pancakes), awards, giveaways, and vendor booths.
• Individuals can register for the 2014 Pioneer Power Sprint Triathlon by clicking HERE.
• For additional information – including race sponsorship details – please contact Jeff Bowerman at firstname.lastname@example.org
or Dan Jones at email@example.com
• • •