2014 TriRock Philadelphia Triathlon Weekend:
- TriRock Philadelphia, formerly the Philadelphia Insurance Triathlon, is recognized as one of the premier triathlon festival weekends in the country.
- The 10th Annual event features three days of activities including a MultiSport Expo and Sprint Distance Race.
- It culminates with the showcase Olympic Distance Race featuring some of the best elite triathletes in the country.
- Fairmount Park hosts this scenic, challenging course and fun, family atmosphere; these are just a few reasons the race was named a top-five triathlon in the United States by Outside Magazine and lauded as one of the top big city triathlons by Inside Triathlon Magazine.
Olympic Distance Triathlon: 1.5K Swim / 40K Bike / 10K Run
This exciting course will travel through some of the most historic and picturesque sections of Philadelphia.
- The 1.5K swim will be a point-to-point course, with athletes entering the water from the dock at the St. Joe’s Boathouse on Kelly Drive.
- Athletes will swim downstream, staying to the left of the island and heading under the second opening at of the Columbia Bridge.
- The swim will conclude with a right hand turn to the swim exit, which is in the middle of the transition area.
- After exiting the transition area, athletes will start the two loop, 40k bike course through Fairmount Park.
- Each loop of the bike course includes a portion of the TD Bank US pro cycling championship and combines the flat, fast Martin Luther King and Kelly Drives with four several short technical climbs and descents, including Lemon Hill.
- After exiting the transition area, athletes will head north on the Martin Luther King Drive (towards Falls Bridge) and reach a turnaround roughly one mile from the run start.
- They will then run south on Martin Luther King Drive back towards transition.
- When reaching transition (after approximately 2 miles of running), athletes will loop behind transition on the grass before rejoining Martin Luther King Drive.
- They will then head to the front of the Art Museum, one of the City’s most famous landmarks, where they will turnaround and head back on Martin Luther King Drive for a photo finish, a short distance from the transition area. Roughly 4/10 of one mile will be on grass.
- The course will be extremely well marked for directions.
• Sprint Triathlon Course Map - (.pdf file)
• Olympic Triathlon Course Map - (.pdf file)
• 4231 Avenue of the Republic
• Philadelphia, PA
• Map & Directions
• • •
• 2014 race registration is open.
• Registration Information.
• • •
2013 Results at: active.com
2012 Results at: active.com
2011 Results at: active.com
2010 Results at: active.com
2009 Results at: active.com
2008 Results at: active.com
2007 Results at virtualroster.com: Olympic / Relay | Sprint / Relay
2006 Results at virtualroster.com: Olympic / Relay | Sprint / Relay
2005 Results at virtualroster.com: Olympic / Relay
• • •
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps