2014 Revolution3 Triathlon Knoxville:
• Revolution3 is heading to Rocky Top Nation!
• This will be the fifth year Revolution3 is returning to Knoxville, TN with a Half, Olympic, and Inaugural Kids Triathlon.
• Olympic and Half athletes will begin their morning with a point to point swim in the Tennessee River. They will hop on their bikes to ride the beautiful countryside roads of Knoxville, while pumping their way up some hills and enjoying the fast decline. The run is an out and back where runners will enjoy the early summer scenery along the Greenway Trails of Knoxville. Finish with a back drop of the famous World's Fair Park Sunsphere and a sprint down the Revolution3 Finish Line.
• Come join the fun and the Revolution!
• • •
• The swim will take place in the Tennessee River.
• It is a point to point swim, starting at Calhouns on the river and ending at the Tennessee Boat House.
• The HalfREV bike course is a challenging but fair course with beautiful views, scenic climbs, technical descents on great county roads with little traffic. It takes a few miles to get out of the city and the first noticeable climb is encountered around mile 5 with the second climb coming around mile 11.
• The next significant climb comes at mile 21 followed by one at mile 24, then mile 38 with the final one coming at mile 47. It is flat and fast coming back to T2. All in all, there are 4,000 feet of gain and loss.
• The OlympicREV mimics the HalfREV course for the first 9.5 miles and the last 14 miles with only 2 significant climbs on this course happening at mile 5 and mile 15. Be ready for some fun on the run!
• You will begin your run by heading out of transition and turning onto Neyland Drive.
• You will take Neyland Drive onto the paved Knoxville Greenway Trails. This will be a nice flat and fast stretch with a little bit of shade. You will pass the Knoxville Rugby fields and then head into Tyson’s park. If you are doing the Olympic you will hit the park and then head back home for this flat and fast out and back. The Half Rev will continue on the Greenway and then around mile 3.9 you will head up your first big climb for the run into Sequoya Hills neighborhood.
• Your next hill will be a short but steep one around mile 4.6. You will run on Cherokee Blvd here you will have a nice descent as you cruise into mile 6. You will turn around at the bottom of Cherokee Blvd and then head on back. Be ready for your last hill around mile 7.6. You will follow the same path back to Neyland Drive and then head to the finish line where all your friends and family will be waiting to cheer you into your big finish!
2013 Results at: rev3tri.com
2012 Results at: rev3tri.com
2011 Results at: rev3tri.com
2010 Results at: rev3tri.com
• • •
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps