• • •
2014 Kinetic Half Distance Triathlon, Duathlon & Aquabike:
• The Kinetic Half is the first half-Iron distance event of the season in the mid-Atlantic region and is staged out of beautiful Lake Anna State Park.
• A one loop swim, new one loop bike and a 3 loop run make for an extremely exciting and spectator friendly day!
• The water temperature was 64F in 2010, 66F in 2011, 64F in 2012, 66F in 2013 and we expect it to be about the same in 2014.
• The bike course is an outstanding mix of lake front and rural scenery combined with rolling hills on good pavement.
• This is not an easy bike course, but it is quite possibly the best bike course in the world!
• There are 3 water bottle handoffs on the course located at approximately miles 20, 35 and 45 with sport cap water being handed out.
• The run course is 3 loops through the park and campgrounds and is all on pavement with rolling terrain.
• There are 4 aid stations on each loop of the run course; each fully stocked with the following: water, energy drink, flat cola, Hammergel, E-Caps, oranges, salty snack mix and a portajon.
• There are also misting tents available at 2 locations on the course so you can cool off as needed 6 times during the run.
• Stay at the park, there are multiple campsites and camp/cabin options available.