2014 Performance Jetty-2-Jetty Ultra & Team Relay :
• The Performance Jetty-2-Jetty Ultra & Team Relay is the longest oceanfront beach run in the world.
• The race was first held in 2000 by a group of distance-running friends to test the possibility of going the distance on the beach (before the tide pushed us up into the dunes or houses).
• Over the first few years, coordination with the tide was worked out.
• Now the J2J is open to all who would challenge themselves to go the entire length of this island, individually or as a relay team -- or bike the distance.
• J2J starts on the oceanfront at 8:30am, in Atlantic Beach, not far from the St Johns River entrance, and finishes 35 miles later to the south at the rock jetty by St Augustine's entry to the sea.
• There is now a category for those who wish to test their endurance by riding the entire length on a bicycle.
• You and/or your relay team can run as fundraisers, if you choose -- or you can run independent of the fundraising effort. Just let us know.
• • •
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps